Leading the Change in Youth Development
At Boys & Girls Clubs of King County, we are taking youth programming to a new level. We are a leader in youth development, providing a safe, affordable place for kids and teens during critical out-of-school time. Our Clubs offer life-changing programs and services to nearly 20,000 youth throughout the greater Seattle area.
As one of the largest Boys & Girls Club organization in the United States, we have a rich history serving King County youth. If you are passionate about youth development, committed to social justice, love to connect with people, have a proven track record of results with youth, and want to be part of an extraordinary team, Boys & Girls Clubs of King County is for you!Opportunity Overview: ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
An Athletic Directors works in collaboration with their Area Director and Club Operations Directors to manage, develop, and grow a variety of athletic program opportunities for our members. This is a management level position responsible to develop, oversee, and lead Athletic Department staff and volunteers to ensure quality programming. Ensure departmental participation core BGCKC athletic programming and events, including but not limited to Sports Field Day and Best of Both Worlds. Work in partnership with Operations Directors to ensure programming goals and benchmarks are met. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and assure an Outcome-Driven Club Experience for youth and families.
- Develop positive relationships with school administrators, coaches and parents for ALL programs.
- Lead Seasonal Programs which may include Football, Tae Kwon Do, Basketball, Wrestling, T-Ball, Summer Camps etc.
- Manage and develop internal staff to conduct effective operations, run a well-managed facility, assure member safety and deliver high quality customer service at all times.
- Work with Marketing and Communications to advertise programs in a way that will attract kids.
- Facilitate annual and other Club program evaluations.
- Hire, train, oversee and develop staff and volunteers.
- Actively engage in county wide athletic program meetings, initiatives, and events.
- Ensure program activities are organized and conducted in a professional manner and are reflective of Boys & Girls Club philosophies and YPQA.
- Through effective delegation and oversight, assure effective administrative functions including data management financial and bookkeeping files, personnel files, metric recording and reporting, and background checks.
- Provide Club specific information and reports for Area Director, CDO, CEO, CSC/Finance and other internal sources in a timely manner.
- May be required to support multiple sites.
Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel, collaborate and partner on appropriate committees and task forces. Collaborate with other clubs as appropriate.External:
Maintain contact as needed with local advisory board, external community groups, schools, member's parents and other stakeholders to assist in resolving problems; build strategic partnerships, and maintain good public relations.QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate degree in related field from an accredited college or university. 2 years of experience leading youth athletics programming may substitute for education requirements
- Three years management experience preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications, must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Experience working with and collaborating with external agencies preferred
- Experience hiring, training and supervising staff preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Expertise in youth development principles, ability to motivate youth in a positive way
- Knowledge and/or experience working with a non-profit youth development agency, Boys & Girls Club experience preferred
- Good organization and attention to detail, professional presence, strong customer relations skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and implement new ideas for the good of the Club
- Ability to work in another location in King County when needed
- Experience working within diverse cultures preferred
Full Time, 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required. Requires some nights and weekends.LOCATION
: Southwest Boys & Girls Club 9800 8th Ave SW #105, Seattle, WA 98106SALARY
: 22.50/ HourFLSA
: Non-Exempt positionBenefits of working with us include:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Accessible PTO & Paid Holidays
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- 100% Employee Discount for Childcare Fees
- Generous 401k Employer Matching
- Employee Tuition Assistance
- Orca Cards & MIleage reimbursement
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position works in an office, and the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, i.e. copier toner.DISCLAIMER:
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change. Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Boys & Girls Clubs of King County (BGCKC) is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. BGCKC does not discriminate with regards to hiring, assignment, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected under local, state or federal law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of our positions.