What you'll do...
Responsible for leading assigned district management staff in driving client growth and increasing company profitability. Develops strategies to increase client growth, retention and satisfaction. Directs the tax preparation business through leading in a transparent and supportive manner that enables the accomplishment of company goals and imperatives.Day to Day you'll ...
What you'll bring to the team...
- Drive results for all activities that lead to company growth, including associate hiring, associate development, workforce planning and client satisfaction and retention. Ensure goals and targets are met within assigned geography and provide leadership to district general managers and team members.
- Travel to district offices to ensure consistent application and interpretation of standard operating procedures. Identify and implement solutions for a consistent business approach, while remaining sensitive to the individual business needs of each office.
- Coach, develop and mentor district general managers. Evaluate district general manager performance consistent with H&R Block talent routines including quarterly, mid-year, and end of year conversations.
- Incorporate bold thinking and problem solving skills to resolve issues and obstacles.
- Attend and represent H&R Block at various district events and motivate associates to understand and apply the Company's purpose.
- Participate in strategic planning along with other field leaders to ensure the direction of the business is appropriate and positioned to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Review business results and recommend solutions to improve performance of assigned districts. Recommend solutions to further advance company goals.
- Other duties as assigned
About H&R Block...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent through combined education and experience
- Three years of Regional Director experience in addition to five to six years of District Manager experience.
- Experience managing large volume multi-unit locations and annual revenue.
- Knowledge of district and regional operations sufficient to select, train and direct the activities of team members and make effective operating decisions.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop associates in both in person and virtual settings.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven success with developing and analyzing budgets to increase profitability. Full P&L responsibility preferred.
- Experience in a retail or similar work environment is required, experience with seasonal or specialty business preferred.
- Demonstrated successful short-term and long-range planning skills.
- A minimum of ten years' supervising a workforce containing varied skill sets and skill levels.
- Willingness to relocate anywhere in the US as business needs require.
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.Sponsored Job