Stable Certified Wastewater Operator career with an established manufacturer that offers great pay, excellent benefits, and room to advance.
We are looking for a Certified Wastewater Operator
to join our Linkwood, MD
team. This is a critical role responsible for operating and maintaining wastewater system in accordance with the permit issued by the applicable State Control Board as well as conducting inspections and with oversight, and preparing records and reports.Why join the Valley Proteins team:
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits - medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards your healthcare savings account
- 3% guaranteed contributiontoyour 401(k) account
- Career growth - We will help you maintain your current certifications and obtain any new relevant certifications
- Possess a Wastewater Class 5A (I) Certificate with industrial accreditation, and must maintain during length of employment.
- Knowledge of process control techniques, maintenance procedures, and safe work practices.
- Above average math skills.
- Ability to perform routine on-site maintenance and emergency repairs of treatment equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
About the Company:
- Sample wastewater daily and record data.
- Perform daily maintenance of wastewater system.
- Prepare wastewater and finished product samples for lab.
- Monitor plant water to assure quality and proper chemical balance.
- Adjust chemicals and equipment as needed to maintain proper balance of water quality.
- Perform minor and routine maintenance on wastewater control and treatment equipment.
- Ensure that sprayers are being utilized on the correct fields and in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Assist in sludge disposal.
- Operates belt filter presses and dissolved air floatation (DAF) equipment.
- Pumps sludge, drains tanks, cleans DAF and water clarification unit.
- Monitors, maintains, and cleans equipment for Odor Control System.
- Performs related tasks as required to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Expiration date: February 2, 2022
- Location: Salisbury, MD, USA
- Job Title: Wastewater Operator / Technician - (Certified)