Our Receiving Chemist
is responsible for working in the facility warehouse to complete tasks associated with receiving and sampling waste drums.HOURS:
Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pmKey Responsibilities:
- Receives all containers, verifies counts and sizes of received loads and properly codes all waste for disposal processing.
- Samples all incoming drums and performs basic analysis of samples following prescribed procedures.
- Confirms that all drums are properly and accurately coded for routing and billing according to protocol.
- Ensures all drums are assigned the proper disposal process and/or outbound profile.
- Moves drums from staging area to proper facility storage areas;
- Completes all associated paperwork and ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines.
- Maintains a safe working environment that is in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health & Safety and Compliance protocols.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Associate's Degree in a Science or related field is preferred.
- Experience in a similar environment such as warehouse, facility, lab, etc.
- Proficient with Windows based applications.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in team environment.
is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. For many positions, we have implemented a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career.Clean Harbors
offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion.
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance.
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.