Sanofi is looking for an experienced cell culture development professional to join the Cell Culture Development Group located in the Framingham, MA in the role of Senior Scientist. The Global Cell Culture Development group within Sanofi operates with the mission to develop robust, scalable and innovative cell culture processes for Sanofi's very diverse early and late-stage biologics pipeline.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent scientific, communication, and project management skills to lead a small team of upstream development scientists and engineers. In addition, as a senior staff member of the Cell Culture Development Framingham organization, he/she is expected to work collaboratively with others in the team to establish objectives, priorities and directions, and also represent the function in stakeholder meetings.Key Responsibilities:
- Lead a group of scientists and engineers focused on upstream process and technology development.
- Independently plan and lead the execution of upstream process development for assets in all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Plan department resources for supported projects to ensure timely delivery of department objectives.
- Align department development activities against overall project goals.
- Ensure that the functional project team maintains high quality deliverables, open communication, and a good working environment.
- Oversee the professional development of scientists in the team. Ensures that group maintains proper and updated training.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more selected areas of cell culture development and support the entire upstream development portfolio.
- Provide technical expertise to assist in resolution of complex problems.
- Present findings and/or results to senior management, external stakeholders, and industry leaders at national/international conferences.
- Participate in the design and implementation of concepts for i.e. control strategy, validation strategy, developability, manufacturability, processing, disposable technology, and digitalization.
- Lead projects to develop and implement industry leading cell culture production technologies and platforms.
- Build strong interfaces with global Cell Culture Development community and help drive global adoption of best practices.
- PhD degree in Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with at least 4 years of relevant industrial experience, MS with at least 8 years of relevant industrial experience, or BS with at least 10 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in executing projects to aggressive timelines with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities.
- Experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry within a mammalian cell culture role and an excellent understanding of the theory and practice of cell culture process development is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to build relationships both inside and outside the cell culture development function.
- Experience in managing one or more junior staff (either within a line function or a cross-functional project team).
- Experience managing cross functional team and initiatives.
- Experience in the field of cell culture medium development is a plus.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.