For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced Scientist I (Assays), In Vitro ADME
for our Discovery site located in Worcester, MA.
We are seeking a motivated, skilled scientist to work within the In Vitro ADME team to perform a wide variety of biological assays followed by extraction for LC/MS/MS analysis. Experience with cell-based assays/cell culture maintenance and PCR techniques are also desired. Experience with automated liquid handlers is a plus. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and optimizing processes to ensure efficiency and data quality. This individual will collaborate closely with colleagues within the group in addition to occasional collaboration with other departments within the site and at other CRL sites
Successful candidates in this position will:
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with strong scientific curiosity, initiative and resourcefulness
- Possess exceptional organizational and planning skills enabling management of multiple, concurrent tasks & priorities
- Have prior direct experience with enzymatic and cell-based assays, preferably in the in vitro ADME area (protein binding, metabolic stability, CYP450 inhibition and phenotyping, and permeability assays)
- Have prior experience and demonstrated competencies in performing and optimizing a variety of biological assays (cell culture experience is a plus)
- Have prior experience and demonstrated competencies using laboratory instruments and equipment, including assay automation
- Possess careful attention to detail and the accurate, organized and timely documentation of study data and report generation
- Assist study directors with the preparation and interpretation of assay data.
- Be team orientated, highly collaborative and have a results-oriented focus
- Be self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
The following are minimum requirements related to the Scientist I, (Assays), In Vitro ADME
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent, or higher degree, in a scientific related discipline.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years previous directly related laboratory experience in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Other: Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities. Full understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment. Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines under minimal direction. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations. Proficiency in the use of analytical instrumentation software with the ability to troubleshoot for routine and non-routine work. Experience with LIMS systems is desired.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.About Discovery
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.