Build a brighter future for all children.
Teaching is more than a job. It's an opportunity to foster curiosity, creativity and compassion in children-all while helping them develop a lifelong love of learning.As a Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Primrose School at West Carmel, you'll create a fun, safe environment for students to discover new concepts with confidence through multi-sensory learning experiences. Enjoy the freedom to modify lessons in order to meet children where they are in the learning cycle as you help them refine kindergarten readiness skills while nurturing their social, emotional, cognitive, creative and physical development. Make a difference every day.
Get everything you need to give children everything they need.
- Spend your days building genuine relationships with each child.
- Help children learn about language and literacy, science, life skills, and more.
- Work with your co-teacher to implement the lesson plans from the research-informed Balanced Learning® curriculum.
- Maintain a well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Discover what works best for each child as you teach them about the world around them.
At Primrose School at West Carmel, you bring the passion, and we'll give you all the tools and training to be successful.Our Balanced Learning® approach was developed with early learning experts. It provides clear daily plans so you can focus your time in the classroom on forming connections with the children-and spend your time outside of school focused on yourself.Classrooms come fully stocked with everything you need, and our supportive Leadership Team works every day to create a safe, healthy environment and a culture where all children and team members can thrive.And if that's not enough, just wait until you help a child learn something new and see their face light up with excitement.Benefits:
- Discounted childcare
- Health, vision, dental, and other ancillary insurances
- Year-round professional development
- Assistance in completing and maintaining CDA coursework
- Paid vacation and time off
- 4 day work week
- Competitive pay
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work 10 hour shift assigned during the hours of operation (6:30 am to 6:00 pm) Monday through Friday
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at the Primrose West Carmel and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose West Carmel Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Let's talk about building a brighter future together.
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.