To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!WE ARE LOOKING FOR A
Sr. Scientist, S&RA Population Effect SENIORITY LEVEL:
Scientific Research & DevelopmentLOCATION:
Winston Salem, NCROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is critical to the company and all regulatory submissions. The methodological expertise, critical thinking, responsiveness, integrity, and collaboration expected in this role will contribute to the team and corporate culture while providing the quantitative support necessary to advance our Tobacco Harm Reduction platform. The FDA wants to know who is using Next Generation Products (NGPs) and how they are using them. This is a role on the team, Population Effects, which is vital to responding to these regulatory priorities.
The role is responsible for the application of analytic expertise including defining research questions and corresponding analytic plans to answer questions appropriately. Being a Team player who values collaboration and transparency an energized by the quantitative challenges of measuring use behaviors at a population levelReports to:
Senior Director/DirectorReporting Level:
DRBUWHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Project management across multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Data management with focus on regulatory reporting requirements
- Adherence to human subjects requirements across all study efforts
- Contributor to the survey research team
- Strong communication and collaborative skills to be applied to all external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Responsive to time-sensitive deliverables
- Versatility in a fast-paced environment
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Can you tell me about your quantitative training? And any quantitative expertise that applies to your current job?
- How do you feel about working in a fast-paced environment?
- What s your approach to being successful under demanding circumstances?
- Epidemiology and/or Biostatistics; or Public Health with a focus in Epidemiology and/or Biostatistics; or Social Science with a focus in dependence, preferably tobacco dependence
- Advanced biostatistical skills
- Broad understanding of the tobacco category and relevant industry experience
- Broad understanding of instrumentation development and psychometrics
- Experience with the FDA regulatory environment and regulatory submissions
- Experience in Public Health research
- Minimum of master s level education in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, or related quantitative/methodological-focused social science field.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience, or 3 years of progressive relative experience (refer directly above, relevant fields).
Job Number: 40562
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.About our organization:Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with RAI Services Company. Job Number: 40562 WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUPAt Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN. Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women s Day Best Practice winner Seal Award winner one of 50 most sustainable companies BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHERHave you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!