$1,000 Sign on Bonus!
*Sign on bonus only applies to Accupac Direct Hires. Awarded after 6 months of employment. Cannot currently be an Accupac employee or have been employed by Accupac from 5/7/2020-5/7/2021. Promotion ends 2/1/2022.
Available Shifts: 2nd shift + Weekend A.
Weekend positions consist of working 36 hours, but you are paid for 40 hours.
Weekend A is day time hours covering the full weekend.
Basic Job Functions:
Responsible to perform activities necessary to maintain and operate the chemical analysis laboratory during assigned Shift. Responsible to carry out technical tasks and support production operations; perform routine and non-routine chemical testing of raw materials, bulk products finished goods, environmental samples and validation samples; and evaluate and implement new chemical analysis procedures.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Resolve problems with instruments, test methods, lab chemicals, standards, and samples with direct support from Management.
· Assure calibrations, standards, log books and other GMP compliance activities are performed in the laboratory.
· Perform in-process, routine and non-routine chemical testing of raw materials, bulk products, finished goods, environmental samples and validation samples using approved procedures.
· Maintain notebooks, assay reports, log books and other documentation in accordance with cGMP.
· Sample materials, bulks and finished goods.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
· Possess a thorough understanding of laboratory safety requirements and the MSDS system.
· Possess a thorough understanding of chemical test methods and chemical instrumentation, preferably some combination of HPLC, GC, UV/VIS, and FTIR, or intermediate wet chemistry techniques.
· Possess effective interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
· Possess fluency in written and spoken English.
· Possess the ability to use personal computers for word processing and data manipulation.
· Possess the ability to work on many tasks simultaneously with minimal support from Manager.
· Possess the ability to use common sense and good judgment when faced with decisions during testing.
· Able to walk/stand on concrete floors up to eight hours each workday.
· Able to hear/execute clear speech, in person and over the telephone.
· Able to bend/stoop repeatedly.
· Able to climb step stools and maintain balance.
· Able to lift/carry items up to 40 pounds.
· Able to push/pull items up to 75 pounds.
· Able to hear phones ring, alarms sound through ambient noise and everyday conversation.
· Possess color vision.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Education and/or Experience:
Chemist I: Must have a Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Analytical Chemistry or a closely related major. Must have 2-4 years of chemical laboratory experience in a GMP related industry.
Chemist II: Must have a Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Analytical Chemistry or a closely related major. Must have 4-6 years of chemical laboratory experience in a GMP related industry.