Provivi™ is a California-based, globally operating AgTech company using pheromones to protect crops from major damaging insects. Our patented production method enables a step-change in the cost of manufacturing pheromones, allowing us to pioneer the use of this proven tool in high-acreage crops such as corn, rice, and soy.
Founded in 2013 by Nobel laureate Frances Arnold and Caltech scholars Pedro Coelho and Peter Meinhold, we are hiring the very best and brightest people to develop and commercialize our products.Role Description:
As a Principal Scientist of Chemistry, you will undertake applied research and develop processes necessary for synthesis of pheromones and intermediates utilizing our novel olefin metathesis technologies. As a technology leader, you will design, work with the team to safely execute synthetic and process chemistries, as well as collaborate with external Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO) to enable scalable processes for the production of Provivi's insect pheromones. The Principal Scientist of Chemistry reports to the Manager of Chemistry.Responsibilities Include:
Qualifications & Skills Include:
- Champion technology, execution, and trouble-shooting strategies of Provivi chemistry-related technology aspects, to bring R&D projects to commercialization.
- Oversee, mentor, and train junior scientists for appropriate skills to execute Provivi's technologies.
- Effectively conduct and oversee research projects within the Chemistry group, including proper planning, resource allocation, and completion within deadlines.
- Conduct high-quality research utilizing all techniques associated with chemical synthesis in a modern laboratory, including the synthesis, purification, and characterization of chemical compounds on small (milligrams) and medium scale (
- Maintain detailed, accurate, legible records of all experiments and graph all relevant trend data along with the appropriate controls and blanks.
- Write reports and Standard Operating Procedures for internal and external use. Facilitates technology transfer to external partners.
- Ensure that all instruments and equipment are in excellent condition, all work areas neat and clean, and follow all safety procedures without exception.
- Remains current with chemistry literature and technology and champion the implementation of new technology.
- Collaborates and prepares internal research reports, invention disclosures, and technical presentation. May collaborate and author external publications and present research at external conferences.
- Desired Education/Experience:
- PhD in organic chemistry or equivalent
- Greater than 4 years Industrial experience in research and development experience
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects
- Project management experience is preferred
- Must be able to evaluate synthetic options, make recommendations, and be part of a decision-making process with stakeholders (will be given the authority to champion strategies that move the progress of the projects forward).
- Communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with team to carry out process chemistry relevant experiments, for example DOE experiments with respect to catalysis technology.
- A good understanding of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry and chemical engineering principles
- Troubleshooting, with the ability to think and develop deductive reasoning to apply to the design and synthesis of biologically active natural products.
- Have exceptional data reporting, multitasking skills, and the ability to function effectively within a dynamic interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task
- Work in a nimble and flexible environment, managing and delivering several projects simultaneously.
- Be a proven team player with outstanding communication and networking skills
- Enjoy working in an exciting small team environment and be able to work under deadlines.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
- Able to lift 15 - 40 pounds.
Provivi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, or any other legally protected factors.Disclaimer
: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Powered by JazzHR