Job Overview: Company Overview:
At Labcorp , we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions -because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people's lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers . Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2022 Global Internship Program with the Drug Metabolism group in Madison, WI
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group 'coffee chats'.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world. About The Team:
The Drug Metabolism department is split up into various sections such as in vivo, in vitro, QWBA, Analytical and Mass Spectrometry but all work towards the same goal in finding out the Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion of a test article. In other words, what the body does to the drug, not what the drug does to the body. Metabolism studies are designed to follow the fate of the compound. We perform a mixture of in vitro and in vivo studies in animals and man which may require the use of a radiolabeled test article. This helps us to more easily visualize the fate of the test article and trace it through a test system. Our studies provide information to help decision making in drug discovery and development. Internship Assignment Summary: What to Expect:
- The intern may conduct one or more (time permitting) studies to support metabolite identification (Met ID).
- These studies will be designed to investigate and develop new technologies to continue to provide service offerings at the forefront of science.
- Model systems, data and metrics generated should assist in Covance business decisions regarding the cost and capability to offer these services to clients.
- Working towards a Graduate or Undergraduate degree focused on Biology, Chemistry, or related fields with at least 1 semester of organic chemistry and 1 semester of analytical chemistry and/or instrumental analysis.
- Ability to perform in-vitro incubations, possibly using automated systems (robotics)
- Knowledge of LCMS operation and sample analysis
- Knowledge of calculations involved in creating working solutions: cell culture medium, test article preparations, incubation solution, mobile phase preparation etc.
- Data analysis and reporting; ability to interpret data and to make data-based decisions