Job ID: 92537
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 3p-1130p, every fourth weekend
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: EVENINGWhat You Will Do: Medical Technologist, Blood Bank
Full time, Evening M-F 3p-11:30p, every fourth weekend
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you're coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You're embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority. The Medical Technologist is responsible for the performance of clinical laboratory procedures for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease:
As a team member at St. Joseph Medical Center, you'll experience:
- Provides and performs analytical testing and/or procedures that require independent judgment.
- Communicates critical values in accordance with departmental policy.
- Recognizes problems and abnormal results and takes appropriate action in accordance with departmental policy.
- Evaluates acceptability and integrity of specimens for analysis.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and generous paid time off
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
- Bachelor's in Medical Technology
- ASCP registry or equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: laboratory, medical, medical lab science, medical laboratory science, medical technologist, pathology, services, technician, testing, toxicology