Assist the Union City Operations effort to build a culture of Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement based on the principles of RFT and Agile/Lean solutions. Identifies and manages process improvement projects and provides project support of continuous improvement initiatives across the Union City Manufacturing areas.Responsibilities
- Manage all Operational Excellence Initiatives for Union City Operations; aligned with site objectives and ZGS
- Responsible for cost improvement project pipeline and drives the team to successfully achieve or exceed yearly targets.
- Proactively identify opportunities, solve problems and guide operational excellence and site transformational efforts to implementation.
- Develop and provide statistical analysis utilizing control charts and analyzing process capability.
- Actively drive the development and sharing of best practices and lessons learned in cross-Process Team improvements.
- Provide LEAN and Six-Sigma tools, analytic skills and support in problem solving through DMAIC framework.
- Coach, mentor and work with all colleagues in the attainment of Yellow and Green belt certification.
- Assist in leading the effort to examine the sites' business and manufacturing processes, determining where improvements can be made, prioritizing those opportunities, and assisting in formation of action teams to make improvements.
- Continuously challenge the status quo by encouraging innovation and calculated risk-taking.
- Apply knowledge of business drivers and external trends to enhance the sites' and company's ability to develop and execute groundbreaking strategies that drive near and long-term business growth and competitive advantage.
- Serve as a Process Team subject matter expert for Lean practices and Six Sigma tools; conduct workshops and briefings to reinforce team understanding and skills.
- Proactively identify opportunities, solve problems and implement solutions to improve operational and quality performance.
- Monitor process performance to determine opportunity areas (e.g., bottlenecks, areas of low process performance).
- Conduct Lean workshops, innovation workshops and facilitate Lean working sessions to identify and sponsor changes in layout and practices.
- Conduct or support conduct of studies pertaining to cost reduction/control, process stability, safety and environment, and technical transfer. Based on these studies, develop and implement plans and programs to gain and stabilize improvements.
- Coordinate with finance on variances against process and cost standards.
- Manage production based KPI's
- BA/BS in a related discipline with 2 years diversified experience in biotech/biopharmaceuticals industry or MA/MS with 1 years diversified experience in the biotech/biopharmaceuticals industry.
- Minimum of 1 years progressive Operational Excellence project experience.
- Demonstrated track record of leading complex teams and initiatives with full achievement of business results.
- Must have strong analytical/technical skills and possess a high degree of personal motivation.
- Must be able to positively influence and motivate others while consistently modeling the Zoetis core beliefs.
- Demonstrated capability in analytical tools, Six-Sigma and LEAN principles, change management, effective communications, and team-building skills.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and problem-solving techniques.
- Must understand cGMP and global regulatory standards.
- Possess strong influencing skills across multiple levels within the organization.
- Must have demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage multiple resources, establish goals, define creative approaches, and provide dynamic, energetic leadership in creating passion for Operational Excellence while bringing programs to successful completion.
- Strong commitment to product quality, Continuous Improvement and Customer Service.
- Green Belt certification in LEAN Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
- Strong experience with the application of cGMPs.
- Detailed knowledge of process analytical technology, automation, lean manufacturing, investigative and problem-solving tools.
- Accomplished presentation skills.
- Black Belt certification in LEAN Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.