JOB DESCRIPTIONWe can offer a generous sign on bonus of $10,000 for this position!*** Schedule: Monday-Friday, first shift (40 hrs week), with weekends and holidays on rotation.In labs and health care facilities worldwide - HERE WE ARE
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD Laboratories FSP. PPD Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As an Associate Scientist
, you will join the Microbiology QC Department to perform laboratory STAT testing within a fast-paced GMP environment in support of manufacturing. You will perform testing while working onsite at a major pharmaceutical, customer site. You will perform various techniques and provide general lab support.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!***This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.PPDFSP#LI-CM3Job QualificationEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Medical Technology, Microbiology, or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 0-2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous GMP experience strongly desired
- Experience working in a clean room environment (ISO5/7/8) preferred
- Performs Environmental monitoring as written to support clean room testing and Fill operations.
- Understanding of lab support activities such as: autoclave, sample receipt, freezer, and incubator management
- Accepts responsibility to complete assigned tasks as committed.
- Works with others to maintain a positive atmosphere to accomplish business objectives.
- Support laboratory coverage on weekends and holidays on a rotating basis, as required.
- Understands and maintains a safe work environment for themselves and others in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Understands, implements, and maintains GMP with respect to laboratory records, procedures and systems in accordance with procedural requirements.
PPD values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
PPD Defining Principles:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- As a condition of employment with PPD, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.Diversity Statement
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.