- Fort Morgan, CO, USA
- $61,600 to $75,645, based on education, skills and experience.
- Full Time
Benefits include health, life, dental insurance, vision, LTD & benefit package in accordance with Colorado Community College and Occupational Education System policies. No relocation assistance is provided. Employment Specifics: Position Location:
Full-Time (Exempt-Administrative 260 days), 1.0FTE Fort Morgan, CO PURPOSE/SUMMARY OF JOB:
The position of the Controller is responsible for the recording, analyzing, reconciliation, and maintenance of all financial records of the institution in an automated environment. This includes preparation of financial statements, performing financial analysis, maintaining appropriate internal control measures, security of records, grants and contracts accounting, monitoring approved budgets, and preparation of financial reports to external agencies and college personnel. The Controller shall perform all duties while promoting opportunities for inclusion, expressing the value of differences, and regularly demonstrating the college's commitment to the Guiding Principles.
For information about MCC, see the college web site: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other closely related field from an accredited institution. An equivalent combination of education and professional experience may substitute for the bachelor's degree in accounting on a year for year basis: provided however, that at least 18 credits of accounting coursework have been completed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as evidenced by at least two years progressively responsible professional accounting and/or auditing experience.
- Experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within accounting or finance including general ledger, cash receipts/disbursements and internal controls knowledge.
- Strong working knowledge of automated integrated accounting systems and advanced spreadsheet experience.
- Well-developed financial analysis capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build productive teams.
- Demonstrated visionary leadership, supervision, management, decision making, time management, goal setting, and organizational skills and abilities.
- Occasional long and irregular hours necessitated by special projects, compliance with deadlines, length of institutional day and week and committee service.
- Ability to travel out of town as required.
Anticipated Start Date:
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other closely related field.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Experience in governmental accounting.
- Experience in higher education accounting.
- Experience in State of Colorado government accounting system (CORE) or Banner.
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing federal and state grant reporting.
November 2021 Salary and Benefits:
$61,600 to $75,645, based on education, skills and experience. Benefits include health, life, dental insurance, vision, LTD & benefit package in accordance with Colorado Community College and Occupational Education System policies. No relocation assistance is provided. Application Procedures:
Review of applications is ongoing. For maximum consideration, application packet must be received by 10/10/2021.
All applicants must use the following link to apply: . All required documents shall be uploaded using this link.
Complete application packets include:
- Cover Letter responding to the position description and required qualifications
- Complete and current resume
- MCC Employment Application:
- Academic Transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable during the application process)
- Names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position
Incomplete application packets may not be considered. Selection Procedure:
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Final candidates will be invited to travel to the College, at their own expense, to interview with the Screening Committee and college officials. About Morgan Community College (MCC):
MCC is one of 13 colleges comprising the Colorado Community College System (CCCS). The college has consistently been named a Great College to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education in the past decade.
MCC is located on I-76, 80 miles northeast of Denver and approximately 100 miles east of Rocky Mountain National Park. MCC provides high quality lower division transferable courses and occupational education culminating in a variety of certificate, associate, and baccalaureate degree programs through traditional, innovative, and non-traditional delivery methods to an 11,500 square mile service area in eastern Colorado.
The College serves this vast, rural, agricultural area from its main campus in Fort Morgan and through four regional locations in Bennett, Limon, Burlington and Wray. These locations are 75 to 150 miles from the campus in Fort Morgan.
The College is seeking dynamic, creative individuals who are committed to the community college philosophy, student success, and public service. MCC seeks individuals looking for a rural or small community lifestyle, with excellent conditions for families; close proximity to a major metropolitan area; year-round recreation and natural beauty; and a dynamic, forward-looking workplace. Guiding Principles:
MCC utilizes four guiding principles that are intended to guide its work, both internally and externally. The guiding principles include (1) integrity, (2) respect, (3) open and honest communication, and (4) collaboration. These guiding principles are a daily part of MCC's work, and candidates should be prepared to work by and contribute to the organization through these four guiding principles. Our Diverse Community:
MCC exists in and serves one of the most diverse communities in Colorado. How the college serves the diverse community is an important reflection of MCC. As an institution, MCC is dedicated to continually improve its respect of and service to the diverse community and is of the utmost importance to promoting educational opportunities for underrepresented students. Applicants, if hired, should be prepared to participate in a workplace that promotes the equitable advancement of educational, social, financial, and other realms of our diverse communities and constituents. Background Check:
Finalist must submit to and successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. It is Morgan Community College's procedure to conduct pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable to the position, driving history, credit check, and FBI Fingerprinting. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report. Drug-Free Workplace:
As a condition of employment, each employee shall agree to abide by MCC's Drug-Free Workplace Policy Statement. It is the policy of Morgan Community College that employees shall not engage in the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of a controlled substance in the workplace by an employee is prohibited. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to appropriate disciplinary actions, which may include termination. The policy in its entirety may be found on the MCC website: . Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986:
Morgan Community College complies with the federal Immigration Reform and Control Act of1986. Individuals hired will be required to provide documents to show identity and authorization to work. The law applies to all persons hired. Direct Deposit:
State of Colorado fiscal rules require all new hires to be placed on the Direct Deposit Payroll Program. Former Employees:
Former employees of Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information on the employment application. Affirmative Action:
For information regarding civil rights compliance or grievance procedures contact:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Officer; Title IX Coordinator: Julie Beydler Director of Human Resources 920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701 (970) ###-####
Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Scott Scholes Vice President of Student Services 920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701 (970) ###-####
Individuals may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) ###-####.
Qualified protected class Individuals are encouraged to apply. Discrimination and Harassment:
Morgan Community College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state or federal law in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities. Morgan Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in educational programs. Crime Statistics / Clery Act:
Morgan Community College publishes its Annual Campus Security Report in its entirety on the MCC website: www.morgancc.edu. The categories reported are: 1) Murder/Non-negligent manslaughter, 2) Forcible sex offenses including forcible rape, 3) Non-forcible sex offenses, 4) Robbery, 5) Aggravated assault, 6) Burglary, 7) Motor vehicle theft, 8) Arson, 9) Negligent manslaughter, 10) simple assault (pertaining to Hate Offenses), 11) Liquor law violations, 12) Drug law violations, and 13) Illegal weapons possessions. Upon request, an individual may receive a paper copy by addressing the request in writing to: Vice President of Student Services, Morgan Community College, 920 Barlow Road, Fort Morgan, CO 80701.
Morgan Community College Category
Treasurers and ControllersEducation
Bachelor's DegreeJob type