Job Description:Preschool Director West Allis, WI
We're hiring immediately! Cadence Academy Preschool,
part of the Cadence Education family, is currently seeking a Preschool Director to bring your love of children and past experience in childcare, daycare or early childhood education to our team of kind, caring Teachers and staff.
Our schools are staffed with people who are talented, fun, and genuinely enthusiastic about child development and learning. We encourage collaboration and cherish open-communication in each school and with our corporate office. We work hard to create an outstanding work-life balance by supporting our staff members every step of the way.
Enjoy the many benefits of working at Cadence Education:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% childcare tuition discount
- Educational and professional development
- Comprehensive benefit package for all full-time employees, including:
- Paid time off that increases with seniority
- Medical, dental, vision options available
- Additional life, disability, and retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
SAFETY FIRST: The health and safety of every person in our schools is our primary concern. We are taking every precaution to prevent potential exposure or spread of COVID-19 within our schools. We are actively partnering with local health departments and closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Cadence Education is one of the premier early childhood educators in the United States, operating over 250 private preschools and elementary schools across 27 states. With over 27 years in business, we have developed an unparalleled expertise in preparing students to thrive in the next step of their childhood.
Our overall mission is to provide parents with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home. This mission can only be accomplished through a team of passionate childcare professionals who combine their talents to provide an unparalleled level of care and compassion for children and their families. Our research-based curriculum and home-based environments are the leading edge of early education.
#CRCompany Overview:Preschool Director Required Skills:
- Proven leadership experience at an early childhood facility with multiple classrooms and programs
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of hands-on childcare teaching experience
- Compliance with state licensing standards at a director level, including but not limited to criminal background screening and fingerprinting
- Minimum requirement of education/experience within one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university combined with 6+ months of experience in the group care of children - or -
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education - or -
- Associate degree or equivalent combined with 1+ year in a supervisory position and 2+ years of experience in the group care of children
Comprehensive knowledge of national and state education standards, licensing requirements and procedures, and fire, health, and OSHA regulationsStrong knowledge of USDA Nutritional Standards for SchoolsMust be at least 21 years old and meet corporate driving requirementsValid Driver's License with a driving record that meets company standardsPreschool Director Responsibilities:
Education and Curriculum
- The Preschool Director ensures successful implementation of approved preschool curriculum by providing and maintaining quality educational programs
- Maintains compliance with accreditation and state licensing requirements as well as all applicable state and federal laws, and preschool policies and procedures
- Extensive knowledge and understanding National and State Education Standards and maintaining the school at a level exceeding these standards
- Practice effective counseling and advising of students and parents while fostering a safe learning environment
- Emphasizing student's achievement and create an environment that nurtures and promotes children's' development and well-being
- Knowledge and experience in effective communication protocols
- Ensures environment maintains safe, organized, and meeting the high-quality standards of Cadence Education
- Knowledge and experience in team processes for advancing learning outcomes
- Participate in marketing events, campaigns, and community relations
Leadership and Managing Performance
- The Preschool Director upholds company standards and set the example by consistently modeling professional leadership, management and instructional skills while interacting with others. Demonstrates consistency in words and actions
- Clearly communicates preschool standards, guidelines, and preschool policies to all staff and stress their importance to the organization
- Ability to train a staff of 20-40 and oversee the completion of performance appraisals, supervise the development of individualized goals for staff's professional growth and development, as well as supervise the monitoring and evaluation of goal accomplishment
- Recruit and hire new staff
- Analyzes financial profit and loss results, customer satisfaction measures, and other key performance data to make the best decisions for the success of our preschool
- Manages preschool to achieve and exceed planned financial and enrollment targets
- Reviews and operates budget and demonstrates an understanding of the process
- Continually seeks ways to manage and reduce expenses without sacrificing quality or service; balances profitability with priorities related to staff and our children and families
- Can interact externally with current enrollment and prospect parents, external curriculum activities and vendors
Cadence Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.