We are seeking recent graduates to join GLG as Associates on healthcare-focused teams who have a strong interest in excelling at best-in-class client service in a performance-driven, merit-based, and team-oriented environment.
Associates are the engine behind building GLG's Insight Network - the world's largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise. Associates recruit new executives and industry professionals into our database of subject matter experts for time-sensitive consulting engagements while also partnering with GLG's Client Solutions teams to ensure we delight our clients. Successful Associates master professional and transferable skills that include sourcing, funnel management, professional communication, phone presence, workload balancing, and time management.
Promotion to Senior Associate occurs typically after 12 months when specific quantitative and qualitative goals are achieved.Key Associate Responsibilities Include
As an Associate, You Will Learn
- Full-cycle recruiting - including but not limited to: sourcing leads, performing various types of outreach, pitching GLG's business model, and working with internal stakeholders to delight clients
- Aligning with Client Solutions team on urgent client requests, deadlines, and goals in tight timeframes and short project lifecycles
- Adhering to and upholding GLG's compliance standards and company values to protect the integrity of client engagements
- Meeting and exceeding goals across multiple recruiting projects at any given time
- Vetting recruits based on client needs as well as briefing recruits on GLG's business model, policies, compliance, and terms & conditions
Ideal Candidates Also Have
- Excel in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, entrepreneurial, and challenging environment
- Develop strong, transferable business skills - including client service excellence, written and oral communication, client and account management, time management, negotiating, problem solving, project management, and the ability to achieve commercial targets
- Collaborate with colleagues on and across teams to build and shape a business
What We Offer
- Bachelor's degree required in healthcare-related field (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Healthcare Public Policy, Biomedical Engineering, etc)
- Strong interest in developing the skills to excel at client service in a high-volume environment
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work responsibly, both independently and collaboratively as needs warrant, in an ever-changing, and fast-paced environment
- High motivation to exceed personal weekly, monthly, and quarterly commercial metrics
- Confidence in making outbound cold calls
- Strong problem-solving skills and hustle attitude
- Receptive to close coaching and feedback
- Insatiable desire to learn about healthcare topics
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours (including evenings) outside of the traditional workday, as needed based on client needs
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
- Salary/Benefits: This position offers a competitive base salary, eligibility for a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy. All U.S. GLGers also have access to other benefits such as tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, speaker series events, employee resource groups, and ample social impact programs.
- Mobility: When certain performance and tenure requirements are met, employees can explore mobility opportunities in different roles, offices, and/or regions
- Work Environment: Although we are currently working from home due to the global pandemic, all of our U.S. offices are open for employees who would prefer to work in an office setting. Our U.S. offices offer numerous perks and vary by location. When working in our New York or Austin offices, employees can enjoy incentives such as complimentary meals, full service barista bars, and access to on-site gyms.
GLG is the world's insight network. Our clients rely on GLG's global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of approximately 1 million experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world's best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world's largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG's industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company's culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. ("GLG") is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.