By clicking the Apply button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information I provide in my application will be processed in line with Takeda s and . I further attest that all information I submit in my employment application is true to the best of my knowledge.Job Description
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Oncology Cell Therapy Innovation in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future
to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Our Cell Therapy Innovation - Oncology Team is growing! We are building our team to support the development of pipeline project and platform innovation, including primary NK cell, primary gdT cell, iPSC derived T cell or NK cell and beyond. As a Scientist/Sr. Scientist, you will be empowered to build a world class cell therapy team in Oncology Cell Therapy Innovation.POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- This position will be leading the CRISPR-mediated genome engineering in multiple cell types including human iPSC, T cells, NK cells etc.
- Design and use targeted gene knock out and knock in methods in iPSC for single clone selection.
- The candidate will independently design sgRNAs, constructs for KO and KI in iPSCs; develop analytical methods such as flow cytometry, ddPCR, real-time PCR, NGS etc.; lead and conduct experiments to deliver data to assess the editing efficiency.
- Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation. Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:Education and Experience:Required:
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Provides technical leadership to project teams within area of expertise and commits resources to execute specific project tasks.
- Contributes significantly and independently to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Design and perform CRISPR-mediated gene editing in iPSC, and NK, T cells. Select edited cells for on-target and off-target analysis using NGS or other molecular assays
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data cross-functionally project teams.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Independently designs and executes experiments, and reports results
- Assists with development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors and assists with technical aspects of vendor negotiations
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross-functional issues.
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in genetics, molecular biology, biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience with the use of contract facilities
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated mastery of subject or area related to field
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth understanding of genome engineering methods and mechanism. Extensive direct hands on experience on selecting edited iPSC clones, characterizing edited cells with targeted on-, unbiased off-target NGS, targeted and unbiased chromosomal translocation assays.
- In-depth direct hands on experience in NGS sample preparation and data analysis
- In-depth experience in principles and practices of cell biology methodologies, cellular immunology including immune-response with NK, gdT cells. Stem cell biology (e.g., induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)), including cell culture, differentiation, cell transfection and transduction, development and execution of functional in vitro and preclinical methods relevant for various types of immune cells or stem cells.
- Experience in developing cell therapy or biological products manufacturing processes, or experience in developing and executing cellular characterization assays, including flow cytometry-based, and multiplexed luminescent readouts
- In-depth experience in in vitro and in vivo model for evaluating allogeneic Immunol product
- Understanding and experience of using the tools of Design of Experiment (DOE) and Quality by Design (QBD) in process & assay design, development, qualification and validation.
- Understanding of viral transduction principles and processes is strongly preferred
- At least 2-4 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in a development setting is preferred. A higher level of position can be considered based on the experience of the candidate
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, and determine causes and possible solutions
- Teamwork -- Ability to work well in highly cross functional team environment and across global line functions.
- Communication Skills -Able to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; adjusts communication style as appropriate for the audience; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support authorship of internal technical documents
- Organization Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Resource Management -Ability to manage one s time within individual, departmental, and corporate goals and timelines; management of internal and external resources (vendors)
- External Involvement Demonstrated involvement in professional community evidenced by presentation of scientific posters or lectures at professional conferences or events
- Technical - Subject matter expertise and knowledge of applicable lab equipment and operations.
Updated Takeda U.S. Vaccine Requirement:
- May require approximately 5-10% travel
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.This job posting exclude Colorado applicants.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type