Madison Core Labs is a state-of-the-art, full-service independent clinical laboratory. We are passionate about what we do and are dedicated to providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our facility is in Huntsville, Alabama which has been named as the third Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report for 2021-2022.
We are seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist-Microbiology
to join our team to be responsible for performing procedures utilizing standard laboratory procedures and instruments to make determinations of body fluids and substances to aid in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of disease, and to assist in the research, development, or modification of laboratory procedures in coordination with laboratory management.Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Perform a range of clinical laboratory testing according to laboratory procedures with acceptable accuracy, precision, and timeliness.
- Perform instrument maintenance according to schedule including documentation, and within established time limits.
- Perform tasks that assist with overall operation of laboratory service according to laboratory policies and in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Take responsibility for all reagents and supplies associated with assigned tests to ensure adequate materials are available for next analysis.
- Cooperatively and proactively assist in other departments as needed or assigned in a teamwork- oriented environment.
- Maintain Quality Control and Quality Assurance standards at all times.
- Participate in proficiency testing as assigned following all routine standards and workflow.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or Biological Science required.
- Registered MLS (ASCP) Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- 3-5 years' experience in a clinical laboratory environment minimum 2 years specific microbiology experience preferred.
- Demonstrated technical competency in clinical microbiology including experience in culture and identification of clinical microorganisms, staining and anti-susceptibility testing. Experience in molecular microbiology technologies is preferred.
- Good knowledge of instrumentation and equipment used in a laboratory, and in laboratory procedures and processes.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner with laboratory team and clients.
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize work.
- Efficiency in word processing applications, spreadsheet design / utilization, and use of web-based resources. Good knowledge of laboratory information systems.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the laboratory team is essential.
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit. Bonus is possible. Opportunities for advancement are available. Compensation commensurate with experience.Background check and drug test required.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (256) 850-0075 to let us know the nature of your request.