Job Description:Seed Pricing Manager, North America - Loveland, CO
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up
and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™,
the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.What you will do:
The Seed Pricing Manager, North America will be responsible for developing the seed pricing strategy and analysis for Dyna-Gro/ Proven Seed in all crops. This role will be responsible for providing an enhanced price-to-value approach. Additionally, this role will be in charge of developing new pricing approaches, price cards, ensuring correct pricing information has been properly loaded, and coordinating third party pricing. The role, reporting to the Seed Marketing Lead, North America, will collaborate with Sales, Product Management, Strategic Supplier Management, Marketing, Digital, Agronomy and other key functions to help drive market share growth for both the US and Canada.
The ideal candidate will have an established track record deploying and executing upon pricing and marketing strategies. They must also have vast experience with programs, tactics, processes, and tools to achieve objectives in a team environment. Additionally, they will have a strong background influencing internal and external stakeholders and can provide specific examples of demonstrated accomplishments in this area.Key Tasks:
What you will bring:
- Lead Proprietary Seed pricing
- In partnership with Pricing team, develop Pricing strategy for all Dyna-Gro/Proven Seed crops
- Analyze competitive pricing data
- Work with Seed Marketing, Product Management, Area Managers, and the field to price products
- Enhance Price to Value Approach
- Work with Product Management team to develop a price to value approach by crop
- Utilize life cycle and performance data
- Build a pricing strategy that encompasses data to ensure proper pricing
- Ensure proper proprietary pricing has been loaded in ERP and Data Management
- Work with stakeholders to ensure correct SRP, Transfer Price, and Rebates are properly loaded into ERP
- Ensure a consistent process is followed to check for errors
- Act as a key point contact with the field on pricing issues
- Develop new pricing tools and price cards
- Analyze current pricing tools and approach
- Work both internally and externally to find the best pricing tools
- Develop and prepare price cards for our proprietary crops
- Coordinate 3rd party pricing
- Work with suppliers to ensure a consistent published pricing process
- Ensure all pricing has been loaded correctly into ERP
- Work with suppliers on price changes in season
Compensation & Benefits:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Business, Economics, Data Science, Marketing, Agriculture, or related field; experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience required, preferably in basic manufacturer sales and marketing in an Agriculture-related field; leadership experience in retail strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to correspond with a variety of team members, customers, and stakeholders confidently and professionally at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic thinking with an ability to articulate long term plans with short term benchmarks and objectives
- Proven success managing multiple projects at once
- Track-record working with teams to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others through effective relationships rather than managerial oversight
- Commitment to working in cross-functional teams with shared leadership responsibilities
- Technical proficiency in a variety of software applications and pricing tools (Vendavo preferred); aptitude for business and data analytics
- Ability to build trust with others and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and integrity
Salary Range: $118,000-$145,000. This range is estimated for the Seed Pricing Manager, North America. Actual salary and benefits may differ based upon location.
Relocation assistance may be available to selected candidate to Loveland, CO.
We provide an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance and well as disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. In addition, we have a retirement program that encourages our employees to save for the longer term, with generous matching employer contributions. Our benefit package also demonstrates our culture of care with paid vacation, sick days and holidays as well as paid personal and maternity/parental leaves and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Details of the benefits package will be shared in the application process.
In addition to base pay, this role is also eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan, consistent with the terms of our plan, which provide discretionary award opportunities reflecting components such as performance of the company and the employee. Details will be discussed through the application process.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons. Nutrien also makes internal equity a consideration in all pay decisions.Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on:
LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran