At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare?s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere?we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture?our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let?s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Documentation Specialist will work as part of the Technical Publications team and support the team on documentation projects and user-facing deliverables such as the system user manuals, product labeling, and ship-with literature. Coordinate and support publication procurement functions, including setting literature kitting requirements and conducting first article inspections of literature. Work with the engineering change request system to set up new part numbers, create change orders, and route documents for approval. Work with print vendors on continuous quality improvement.
- Support technical writers, project managers and the localization managers and specialists on producing technical publications and translated deliverables.
- Create literature kitting and work with procurement for kitting fulfillment.
- Resolve print and documentation issues with printers, AFQI, and Document Control when necessary.
- Proofread and monitor translated deliverables by adhering to the appropriate company standards and checklist.
- Monitor the quality of translated deliverables and participate in quality reviews with translation vendors.
- Conduct first article inspections of the virtual or printed products.
- Create and revise part numbers including user documentation and print specifications in the engineering change management system.
- Participate in department improvement projects.
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested to assist in the overall function and productivity of the department.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum Bachelor?s degree or equivalent 1-3 years of related work experience is preferred
- High level of attention to detail is required
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines is required
- Previous experience with medical devices and/or an FDA regulated environment is preferred
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Oracle?s Agile PLM or equivalent change management software is highly preferred
- General knowledge of labeling change processes is preferred
- Understanding of localization processes is preferred
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.Shift :
Shift 1 - DayTravel :
Travel Requirements:No Shift:Shift 1 - Day