Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation's trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. Learn about how you can contribute to our company's success in the following position:ABOUT THE JOB:
NCCI is seeking a credentialed actuary who can play a prominent role in our Actuarial Research program. This is a rewarding opportunity for a highly motivated person who wants to conduct innovative and challenging research in a professionally demanding yet collegial environment.
NCCI has the unique advantage of owning the nation's largest database of workers compensation information. This individual must enjoy the challenge of applying advanced mathematical theory to complete meaningful research and develop modern solutions in the workers compensation insurance industry.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in advanced concepts of actuarial science. Reinsurance pricing or research experience will be particularly valuable. Such an individual would have the proven ability to be creative and extract new insights from a rich volume of data sources.
Relevant work experience should be in research, preferably to include the following:
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
- Experience with advanced statistical analysis and its application in insurance
- Demonstrated innovative application of quantitative techniques and technology to enhance core business processes
- Experience working in a cross functional and collaborative environment
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Perform and manage a variety of advanced research projects-sometimes simultaneously.
- Primary projects will include the enhancement of current actuarial techniques and the development and vetting of the next generation of actuarial methodologies
- Participate in the development and training of staff and provide direction and assistance on an ongoing basis to ensure group has knowledge and technical experience
- Produce high quality work by adhering to established guidelines. This includes ensuring the creation of appropriate documentation and coordination of peer review efforts
- Clearly present results of sophisticated analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
- Minimum of ACAS
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of six (6) years of actuarial experience, including project leadership of complex technical projects often comprised of multiple team members
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, of technical material
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinking
- Ability to develop the technical and analytical skills of team members
- Ability to peer review the technical work of others
- Ability to represent the company to external audiences
- Familiarity with workers compensation or NCCI methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial data sources and analytical tools
- Familiarity with the development of advanced actuarial ratemaking programs
Three (3) years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
Samples of work produced by the individual in this role:
- Large accounts pricing
- Experience rating plans
- Retrospective rating plans
- Working with loss models involving aggregate distributions
- Statistical modeling
- Catastrophe modeling
Articles authored by Dan Corro and published by Casualty Actuarial Society:Click here:
NCCI's 2014 Excess Loss FactorsClick here:
Trending Entry Ratio TablesAuthored by Dan Corro for Insights on ncci.com:Click here:
Comparing the Quantity and Prices of Physician Services Between WC and Group Health
At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We're motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.