The Cycle Instructor
will lead and motivate members in a group environment through a pre-arranged format of exercises designed to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance, while ensuring that the safety of the members is not compromised. The Cycle Exercise Instructor will also serve as a resource to educate members on various aspects of fitness. Responsibilities
- Leads and delivers group fitness classes based on industry standards and approved formats that begin and end promptly, and adheres to the format, standards, and times scheduled.
- Instructs participants on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises, identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods and modifications.
- Provides verbal instructions that are clear and ensure that the volume, tempo of music and overall atmosphere is motivational and conducive to hearing, teaching, learning and having fun.
- Coaches and motivate class participants to achieve fitness goals and continually monitors for signs of injury, illness or overexertion.
- Interacts with participants, answers questions, introduce/orient new participants, generates and maintains a positive exercise experience, and solicits feedback in order to maintain long-term participation and member retention.
- Ensures all participants are using correct form during class and offers modifications and variations of the activities to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Consistently delivers scheduled class as posted on schedule and actively coordinate and schedule a qualified/approved substitute Group Exercise Instructor in the event of necessary absence in order to avoid any cancellations.
- Provides legally purchased music appropriate for the class format, and refrain from using music that contains foul or offensive language.
- Ensures all equipment is functioning correctly and have microphones are in working order.
- Current CPR/AED certification and basic first aid training is required.
- Minimum of three months teaching in a group exercise environment along with demonstrated knowledge of group exercise principles and safe exercise techniques.
- Maintain nationally recognized Group fitness certification.
- Provide verifiable proof of specialized skill/training
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies
- High degree of energy and be physically fit to have the endurance to complete the workout.
- Demonstrated engaging and motivational leadership with adaptability at the front of a class
Gold's Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength.
We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success.