The Med Lab Tech 1 performs and monitors a full range of laboratory testing and analysis. Assumes responsibility for problem resolution, quality control, and required equipment maintenance with minimal supervision.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Performs laboratory tests in compliance with department procedures and all pertinent regulatory requirements.
* Follows quality control, quality assurance, safety, and infection control procedures.
* Performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting.
* Accurately reports test results.
* Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
* Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external customers.
* Participates in laboratory projects and educational activities.
* Demonstrates and educates laboratory principles and technical skills to others.
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
* Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
* Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
* Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
* Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
* Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - Associate's or 2 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
* EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience