* *$10k sign-on bonus*
* *Shift Schedule Detailed: 7on/7off Nights F-Th (F,S,S 17:00 - 5:30….M-Th 20:00 - 05:30)*
* *Location: THH-Denton*
The Med Lab Scientist 1 performs and monitors a full range of laboratory testing and analysis. Assumes responsibility for problem resolution, quality control, and required equipment maintenance with minimal supervision.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Performs laboratory tests in compliance with department procedures and all pertinent regulatory requirements.
* Follows quality control, quality assurance, safety, and infection control procedures.
* Performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting.
* Accurately reports test results.
* Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
* Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external customers.
* Participates in laboratory projects and educational activities.
* Demonstrates and educates laboratory principles and technical skills to others.
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
* Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
* Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
* Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
* Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
* Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
EDUCATION: Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
EXPERIENCE: Less than 1 Year of Experience
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: ASCP - Blood Banking (ASCP-BB), ASCP-Chemistry Technologist (ASCP-C), ASCP-Hematology Technologist (ASCP-H), ASCP-Microbiology Technologist (ASCP-M), Molecular Biology Technologist (ASCP-MB), ASCP-Medical Lab Tech (ASCP-MLT), ASCP-Blood Banking Specialist (ASCP-SBB), ASCP-Chemistry Specialist (ASCP-SC), ASCP-Hematology Specialist (ASCP-SH), ASCP-Microbiology Specialist (ASCP-SM), Cert Histocompatibility Spec (CHS-ABHI), Cert Histocompatibility Techno (CHT-ABHI), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS): Must have one of the listed certifications. HEW (HEW), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT): .