In Vanguard's Client Experience & Digital (CXD) department, our goal is to evolve and enhance our clients' digital experience. As an analytics expert driving innovation across CXD, the analyst plays a critical role in influencing and driving change through implementation of advanced analytics into business & digital solutions that drive strategic decision making & deepen the understanding of Vanguard investors.
We are looking for passionate crew who want to leverage the power to analytics to drive strategic enhancement to the client experience. Analyzes data, assesses trends and develops actionable insights and recommendations in support of large strategic business initiatives. Actively develops the analytics community at Vanguard by coaching others internally and participating in external events.
- Be an analytics thought leader at Vanguard and be the catalyst for change
- Perform analyses of historical data to drive business strategy using advanced analytical methods
- Visualize and tell compelling stories with data. Prepare and deliver visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement
- Communicate effectively and show flexibility in style with different audiences. Explain higher level statistical methods and analytical results to a diverse audience
- Acquires and compiles structured and unstructured data and verifies its quality and accuracy
- Collaborate with internal partners to understand business strategy, questions and goals. Bring structure to business requests, translate requirements into an analytical approach, and lead project through completion
- Mentors, coaches, trains, and develops junior analysts. Proactively expands knowledge of business and analytics and shares with team members. Develops and documents best practices
- Work in an ambiguous environment and adapt quickly to change
- Undergraduate degree in an analytic/quantitative field such as: Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related analytical field of study or equivalent combination of training and experience. A graduate level degree in an analytics focused field is strongly preferred
- Minimum of ten years related work experience
- Expert level skills in the following suite of data analysis tools: Data Extraction languages such as SQL. Proficiency with relational databases or Big Data platforms, Data Analysis packages (Python, R, SAS etc.) and Data Visualization packages (Tableau, etc.)
- Extraordinary analytical skills, coupled with the ability to form hypotheses and draw meaningful insights from disparate data sources. The ability to understand data, process it, extract value from it, visualize it and communicate insights to audiences of various backgrounds, including senior management
- Significant experience with advanced statistical and machine-learning methods such as: regression models, propensity models, segmentation, optimization, experimental test design, time series analysis, cohort analysis, Bayesian methods, decision trees, text analysis, etc
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.