If you are an engineer looking for new challenges, the Emerson Global Life Sciences team has an opportunity that should interest you. In this position you will work with a team of automation specialists at some of the most innovative manufacturing and pharma manufacturing companies in the world. Our Emerson Life Science global team of automation engineers currently work on projects for customers involving Cell and Gene therapies, chemical synthesis, biopharma, and other Life Science areas.
We are actively helping our customers bring products to market efficiently by fulfilling their automation needs, you can have a direct impact on improving plant safety, reliability and efficiency for top companies in the Life Sciences industries. Improving drug quality for consumers by improving repeatability of the manufacturing process.AS A PAS SENIOR/LEAD ENGINEER YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Architect and lead the implementation of Process Automation System (PAS) projects for Life Science customers, applying S95 and S88 project concepts.
- Work with customers to influence long-term automation plans and strategies, identify potential projects, explain Emerson products and services capabilities and frame those projects including financial justification.
- Work with customers and project teams to solve complex automation problems requiring Life Science and Pharmaceutical industries expertise.
- Work with customers to develop project methodologies that will enhance their standards.
- Work with customer's process engineers to develop functional requirements.
- Lead project teams responsible for the design, configuration and testing of continuous and batch control strategies.
- Plan, coordinate and review the work of a project team.
- Participate in or lead the start-up of complex systems at the client facility.
- Understand the project scope and financials; identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management.
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team, internal management and the client.
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Act as a mentor for individuals within the engineering organization
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- You establish and maintain effective customer relationships. You push yourself and help others achieve results. You create teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You readily learn and adopt new technologies.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science with minimum of 7 years of overall process control engineering experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working on complex batch process control projects including implementation in a DCS or PLC in the Life Sciences industry. Experience must include leading a large automation project, working with customers to create functional requirements, designing control strategies and providing startup support at site.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor.
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with others from all levels of the organization.
- Experience working on projects requiring FDA validation.
- Ability to travel for routine, short-duration (one to two weeks) project meetings, training and other business events.
- Ability to travel for temporary assignments (domestic and international) away from the Emerson home office (e.g. customer project sites.) Typical travel assignments range from two to six months at a time or 25% to 50% of total time per year.
WHY EMERSON?Our Commitment to Our People
- Design and implementation experience using the DeltaV process control system on Life Sciences projects. Experience in the Life Sciences Industry.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.Work Authorization
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.