Vanguard has a Licensing Trainer opportunity open. You'll be Series 7 licensed and have experience with training and/or tutoring employees studying for their SIE and Series 7 licensing exams.
You'll lead classes as employees prepare for their SIE and/or Series 7 exam and analyze learner data on a daily basis to create customized tutoring plans for your group.In this role:
- Demonstrate expertise and facilitation best practices as you deliver SIE and Series 7 content, currently in a virtual environment.
- Use data to analyze class progress and create a strategy to aid learners in passing their licensing exam.
- Provide tutoring and deliver breakout sessions.
- Clearly communicate class progress and strategy to leaders and peers in both formal and informal meetings.
- Set and reinforce clear expectations in both group and one-on-one coaching sessions with team.
- Partner with peers and leaders to identify solutions and provide additional training support as needed.
What it takes:
- Engage in course delivery and lesson plan design with supervision and assistance from more senior trainers or learning & development specialists.
- Participate and contribute to content design, delivery, and post-assessment of training content.
- Support measurement strategies for the evaluation of training content and delivery effectiveness.
- Build knowledge of best practices in training delivery and adult learning principles.
- Minimum of three years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- This job requires a regulatory license and/or registration (e.g. FINRA, state, SFC). These will be determined by Compliance based on role-specific duties.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two years general business and/or HR experience. Experience facilitating training courses preferred.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts.
- Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to secure TMS Trainer Certification and foundational Client Relationship Management (CRM) certifications within 9 months of hire.
- Knowledge of the mutual fund industry.
- Series 7 and 63 or the ability to obtain within department guidelines.
If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time. Additionally, if you are not currently registered with FINRA in any capacity, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a credit and criminal check in accordance with the FINRA regulations. Please note, the credit and criminal check requirement does not apply to crew who are currently registered with FINRA. Please reference the following article with regard to the licensing requirements of this position.Special Factors
Ability to travel.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.About Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.