Are you an experienced clinical laboratory professional looking for leadership opportunity? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? Labcorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Team Leader
to join our team in Westborough, Massachusetts. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at Labcorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives" as we combat the COVID-19 pandemic. Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Job Summary: Performs complex molecular testing and results analysis according to established standard operating procedures and protocols. Troubleshoots assays and participates in training of other technologists. Ensures that workflow is maintained and directs staff as needed.
- Direct/manage daily workflow
- Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance to established protocols
- Maintain complete documentation
- Alert supervisor immediately to any concerns/questions regarding sample and assay quality or integrity
- Ensure that all specimens are tested and repeated in a timely and accurate manner
- Mentor other technologists by demonstrating a strong work ethic, providing constructive criticism, and responding to questions
- Participate in troubleshooting assay and equipment issues.
- Review assay packet documentation for content and accuracy
- Identify problems and implement appropriate corrective actions/solutions.
- Participate in verification and validation studies for process improvements, new equipment, and new technology transfer
- Take on additional projects and tasks at the request of the supervisor.
- Communicate with lab directors when required
- Maintain a clean and organized work space in accordance with 5S protocols.
- Participate in the competency assessment of other technologists and senior technologists
- Ensure that technologists adhere to SOPs when performing all tasks
- Create/adjust weekly team schedule as needed (assign tasks, delegate duties to other technologists, coordinate coverage across teams, etc)
- General lab support duties such as filing paperwork, completing 5S duties, requesting supplies/reagents
- Bachelor's degree in biology, medical technology, or other related science
- At least 7 years of clinical laboratory experience (post bachelor's degree)
- Must be qualified and have current licenses for all applicable state and regulatory agencies
Monday - Friday, 6a-2:30p