Perform routine analysis and laboratory testing procedures to obtain data from client specimens. Provide routine documentation and review of work performed in a timely manner.RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
- Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential QC failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel immediately.
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as assigned.
- Assist in the review and development of laboratory procedures and techniques
- Identify process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs or reduce turnaround times. Assist in the implementation of changes as assigned.
- Notify inventory staff of supply shortages
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and off-site lectures and meetings.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in a science discipline and 2 years' experience in a clinical laboratory operating under GLP and/or CLIA guidelines or Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and other regulatory agency standards within the area of responsibility such as CLIA requirements
- Proficiency with pipetting and molecular biology laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
- Proficiency with basic laboratory calculations, such as dilutions and weight
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients