Look No Further, Your Career Starts Here!
Sullivan University is an organization that is truly committed to making a difference. We host a wide variety of career opportunities, offer a family-oriented culture, and invest in our employees. Join us if you want:
What Can We Offer YOU?
- Internal Mobility
- The Opportunity to Make a Difference in the Lives of our Students
- Professional Training and Development
- Individual Coaching
- A Diverse and Positive Work Environment
- To Support Local Charities through the Sullivan Cares Program
- 90% Tuition Discount through the Master's degree level for the employee and 40% dependent discount after 1 year of employment (dependent discount increases to 90% after 3 years)
- A Generous Benefits Package with Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Long-Term Care, Short Term Care, Auto, and Home Insurance.
- Competitive Salary
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts at Local Restaurants and Venues
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
We are currently looking for a full-time Admissions Advisor. The Admissions Advisor works to locate, inform, interest, and enroll the quality and quantity of students necessary to ensure enrollment objectives and the needs of the students are met.Responsibilities of the position include:
Requirements of the position include:
- Procures and follows-up on prospective student referrals from applicants and other sources.
- Effectively manages all inquiries in accordance with standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Successfully utilizes and manages online chat program to assist website visitors and recruit potential students.
- Conducts interviews and tours with prospective students; determines whether the student meets minimum admission requirements and is otherwise qualified for their program of interest, makes judgment concerning whether the student will be successful within the school and/or program of choice, and works to ensure the student is enrolled in the most appropriate program; refers to other programs or locations as appropriate.
- Achieves enrollment and activity goals on an ongoing basis and acts professionally, ethically, and with integrity in all activities in the course of employment with The Sullivan University System.
- Strictly adheres to the provisions of the SUS Admissions Code of Conduct.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of and complies with all applicable corporate, state, and federal regulations and policies for Admissions.
- Facilitates the student's enrollment and registration process by ensuring proper completion of the enrollment agreement, collection of appropriate fees, scheduling of admissions testing and financial planning appointment, notice of registration and orientation dates and so forth.
- Ensures retention of enrolled students by maintaining appropriate and regular contact with applicant, notifying enrolled students of various campus retention activities, etcetera, until they begin class.
- Promptly cancels non-responsive applicants and accurately forecasts projected new students as requested by management.
- Maintains accurate and timely recordkeeping of activities and statuses related to prospective students in the student information and lead management systems.
- Successfully completes all new-hire and ongoing training courses in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the core competencies of the position, including work planning and organizational skills; communication, interpersonal skills and professional development; job knowledge and compliance; judgment and decision making; and teamwork and management.
- Maintains acceptable ratings on the Admissions Experience Survey.
- Assists with and attends department events such as scholarship day, open house, and graduation ceremonies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Three years related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Basic knowledge of financial aid programs and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of academic programs offered by the school.
- Proficient knowledge of all corporate, state, and federal regulations and policies applicable to the position.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to function efficiently and utilize good time management skills in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
- Ability to effectively utilize a computerized lead tracking and data management system, as well as proficient knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students, visitors, faculty, and staff face to face and via the telephone.
- Ability to conduct extensive phone communications with prospective or enrolled students.
- Ability to maneuver about the facilities in order to give tours to prospective students and families.
This job description lists the major responsibilities of the job title listed. By no means is the job limited only to the responsibilities listed. Cooperation between employees is expected during periods of heavier than normal workloads and revisions to these duties on either a temporary or permanent basis is possible.In an effort to comply with the OSHA ETS for workplace vaccinations, employees are required to be fully COVID vaccinated within six weeks of beginning employment. If not fully vaccinated upon hire, employees will be required to undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work until the employee is fully vaccinated. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved vendor outside of the employee's scheduled work hours. Candidates who believe they may qualify for an exemption or accommodation to this requirement should contact the SUS human resources department at (502) 456-0058.The Sullivan University System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.