Pharma Intelligence is the trusted partner of the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies and the top 10 contract research organizations (CRO's) - providing timely intelligence and insight to make authoritative decisions. Our connected team of journalists, researchers, and analysts is based in key markets around the globe.
The world's top pharmaceutical, MedTech, generics, consumer healthcare ad clinical research organizations rely on Pharma Intelligence for our authority, precision, and forward-thinking analysis so they can work smarter, make better decisions faster with more confidence, and achieve greater success.Job Description
The Oncology Analyst role is broadly responsible for supporting daily editorial content operations, ensuring the quality and integrity of the Trialtrove oncology database, providing oncology research support to clients and supporting consulting/ad-hoc projects as necessary. These objectives are achieved through a solid understanding of the standard operating procedures and business rules of the database and various oncology drug and clinical trial intelligence sources, collecting key drug and trial data, conducting additional research and devising basic database search strategies for clients, and performing basic data analysis.In This Role
- Support oncology analyst team in maintaining a real-time and accurate oncology clinical trial database
- Review, update, and add oncology clinical trial records based on publicly available information, including but not limited to, company pipelines and press releases, clinical trial registries, medical literature/conferences and SEC filings
- Acquire and apply deep understanding of and competence in internal content management systems to master database functionality and all processes related to content creation and maintenance
- Apply a basic understanding and knowledge of oncology drug and clinical trial development and regulatory processes
- Apply basic Word, Excel and PDF skills to aid in content operations
- Provide clients with timely, coherent and accurate oncology research support
- Conduct primary/secondary research, assist with database oncology specific search strategies and perform basic data analysis
- Apply knowledge of the regulatory process, pharmaceutical drug development and clinical trials to provide highest quality data and support to clients
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Learn roles and responsibilities of team and overall organizational structure of the Pharma Intelligence/Healthcare vertical
- Attend role-specific training workshops as requested
- Support team during absences
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
QualificationsWhat you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree (Life Sciences or Business degrees; Masters or PhD a plus)
- 1-2 years of CRO/CRA experience (oncology specific preferred) and/or at a pharmaceutical/biotech company or consulting/research firm. Internship experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with drug development and clinical trial process required
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong internet research skills
- Ability to use sound logic to edit, manipulate and analyze different types of data
- Good organizational, time management and priority setting skills, and the flexibility to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically, work independently and follow instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team both in the office and off site
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
Additional InformationWhy work at Informa
Our Benefits Include
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally.
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all "expert's experts" and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.