Who We Are
Alene Candles LLC & Midwest is a private label, contract manufacturer that produces high-quality candles for some of the world's most recognized retail, boutique, and cosmetic brands. With our headquarters in New Hampshire and locations in Ohio and New York, we've been in business for over 25 years. We are passionate about making the best products in the world, making safety our number one priority, and being an insanely great place to work. We were selected as a Best Company to Work For in 2020 and 2021!The Position
We are seeking an Environmental, Health, and Safety Coordinator (EHS Coordinator) to provide full-time environmental, health, and safety support to our New Hampshire facilities. You will be responsible for ensuring all practices and resources are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. You will assist in risk assessments, audits, program management, and loss prevention. This position reports to the Director of Environmental, Health, and Safety (Director of EHS).Rate of Pay
This position is a full-time, overtime eligible position. Exact rate is dependent on experience. The range for this position is $30/hr-$33/hr.The Hours
The EHS Coordinator is a "boots on the ground" position. You will be required to be onsite to perform the duties of this job. You should have flexibility in your schedule to accommodate any issues or trainings outside your normal business hours. The hours for this position are 7:00 am-4:00 pm, however we allow flexibility in the schedule at the supervisor's discretion.The Location
We are located at 51 Scarborough Lane, Milford, NH. This position is onsite. Please note that we are taking precautions on COVID-19 based on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations as well as state and local guidance. This position will require occasional travel to our Ohio facility (10%).Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone who lives by a "safety first" mindset. You must have a Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or related specialty along with 5+ years of experience. We will also consider a combination of experience and education. You should be a Certified Safety Manager (CSM) through the National Association of Professionals or an equivalent certification. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, team oriented, analytical and metric driven with a knowledge of Behavior Based Safety Programs.Additional Job Details
This position will require collaboration with various departmental leaders and senior leadership members. The EHS Coordinator will oversee the development and execution of a world-class Behavior Based safety program. This program is designed to eliminate all incidents of unsafe behaviors, minor incidents, and injuries. This position will coordinate with the Human Resources Department to oversee workers' compensation cases to help minimize the severity and potential for repeat occurrences, as well as support the development and coordination of training programs. This position requires collaboration with third party representatives. The EHS Coordinator will be required to work with remote teams. This role will be responsible for promoting safe and healthy work environments for all Alene Candles employees, contractors, and visitors. This role requires the ability to travel domestically.
- Provide leadership, strategy, and guidance to ensure continuous improvement of legal requirements pertaining to manufacturing environmental health and safety.
- Understand and implement federal, state, and local regulations.
- Actively support business objectives in relation to health, safety, and environmental concerns.
- Provide insight, support, and continuous improvement of the safety program to the New Hampshire plant.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce policies, guidelines, and procedures as established by the company.
- Provide safety and environmental guidance and direction to various programs, at all levels, to ensure continuity.
- Support a culture of excellence in safety and environmental management through effective communication and employee engagement. Drive actions in pursuit of Zero Incident culture.
- Coordinate the continuous training of the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) Program.
- Responsible for assisting in the identification and prevention of possible losses.
- Risk management and mitigation.
- Responsible for development and implementation of corrective action and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss from occurring in the future.
- Conduct internal safety and environmental audits.
- Develop, maintain, and update Job Hazard Risk Assessment (JHRA) for all safe work practices and equipment.
- Conduct JHRA employee training.
- Coordinate with Plant Manager and Operations on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections.
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in maintaining the site preparedness, emergency plan and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process.
- Review accidents and incidents by conducting field audits, reporting and manage the corrective actions.
- Provide timely monitoring and tracking of all injuries along with Management of Workers' Compensation cases.
- Partner with Human Resource Department to implement employee wellness programs and initiatives.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and other third-party agencies
- Facilitate and lead the Safety Committee for the Operation.
- Manage Team Base Job Hazard Risk Assessments; oversee the process and conduct training needs analysis.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or related specialty
- 5+ years of experience working in industrial/manufacturing setting with progressive experience
- Working experience/knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety systems, metrics, KPI's and tools, including knowledge of statistics.
- Strong knowledge of Behavior Based Safety Programs and practices of implementing such systems.
- Certified Safety Manager (CSM), OSHA 503, or similar certification through a National Association of Safety Professionals or an equivalent certification is a plus
- Background in environmental or occupational skills highly desired.
- Bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA/EPA and other relevant regulations and standards.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on standard tasks and deliver high quality results with limited supervision.
- Risk analysis and prevention methods.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Timely record maintenance and excellent attention to detail.
Alene offers a host of competitive benefits for full-time employees, some of which include: Medical, Dental, and Vision with a Healthcare Reimbursement Account, 401(k) with company match, Basic Life Insurance (100% company paid), Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity and Parental Leave, Voluntary PTO Donation Program, Tuition Reimbursement and "Alene Gives Back" - our paid volunteer program.
Alene Candles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Should you require assistance completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-673-5050 and ask to speak to Human Resources. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs in a reasonable amount of time.