Who We Are
Discover your future at ams OSRAM
Our mission drives us forward - we want to help people to see better, communicate better, move better, and work and live better.
The ams Group is a global leader in optical solutions. By adding intelligence to light and passion to innovation, we enrich people's lives. This is what we mean by Sensing is Life. Our around 30,000 employees worldwide focus on innovation across sensing, illumination and visualization to make journeys safer, medical diagnosis more accurate and daily moments in communication a richer experience.
At ams OSRAM we give you room for creativity to shape new products and services. You'll discover innovative technologies in a market characterized by progress and change. We offer you rewarding career opportunities in a global company - and the chance to set distinctive accents in a winning culture.Your tasks and responsibilities
Your education and experiences
- Develop testing and characterization solutions for high-power laser devices in R&D and manufacturing, including test and measurement equipment and components sourcing, hardware integration and automation.
- Perform testing and characterization of high-power semiconductor lasers
- In cooperation with mechanical engineers design and procure test fixtures
- Develop test procedures and specifications, understand capabilities and limitations of testing equipment, be familiar with GR&R and calibration methods
- Develop test documentation, train and supervise operators
- Analyze test data and characterization results
- Prepare and present test summaries and characterization reports
- • PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field.
- • Experience in testing and characterization of electronic components, preferably semiconductor lasers
- • Good understanding of semiconductor laser diode physics and main laser laser diode characteristics (electrical, optical, spectral, thermal etc)
- • Good programing skills and test automation experience with Matlab, Phyton, C+ or similar.
- • Good presentation and communication skills
- • Good computer skills in Microsoft Office, especial
- ams OSRAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
ams is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.