We Are Hiring: Ascension St. Vincent's Birmingham (Downtown)
is currently looking for a Medical Lab Scientist
to join our team!!!Sign on Bonus: $2,000Work Schedule:
7on/7off, Monday - Sunday, 6:00am-2:30pmAbout St. Vincent's Birmingham
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and employees.
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and affordable housing.
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
What You Will Do:
Perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
- Perform, validate, interpret, document and report laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Execute and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures. Document and report as required by regulatory agencies.
- Understand and participate in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipate and maintain required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
- Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assist in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
- Assist in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) preferred.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent's has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 120 years. We employ over 4,800 associates across five hospitals in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. Ascension St. Vincent's is committed to providing compassionate, personalized care for all, including our associates. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to explore a career with Ascension St. Vincent's today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.