Company Description Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies. In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 55,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing. In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Job Description Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform soil and water analysis on a variety of standard Wet Chemistry/Organic Prep methodologies
- Maintains daily housekeeping for the department, including cleaning glassware and stockingconsumables and standards
- Prioritize samples for analysis to ensure that on-time-delivery and turnaround time requirements are met
- Follow detailed preparation and analysis steps according to published analytical methods and SOPs
- Report and review data using LIMS database system, ensuring data meets quality control criteria
- Prepares and analyzes samples for analysis based on method requirements
- Reviews data produced in assigned department and authorizes its releases
- Perform routine maintenance on instrumentation
- Comply with all Quality Assurance and Safety policies
- Communicates department issues and provides status reports to Wet Chemistry Supervisorand Project Managers
- Recommends process improvements to improve efficiency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requirements
Additional Information Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Governmentvaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
- BS or BA in Chemistry or a related life science fieldor 2+ years experience in a laboratory setting, preference for environmental laboratory experience
- Basic understanding of laboratory procedures and knowledge of documentation requirements
- Strong organizational skills. Attention to details a must
- Preference for experience in a fast-paced production environment with awareness of and ability to meet deadlines
- Must have a strong work ethic
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers. Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Governmentvaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.