PAE is seeking Molecular Biologists to support its Department of Homeland Security Customer at several nationwide locations. Feel free to apply and email the recruiter below if you are interested.
PAE National Security Solutions is actively seeking applicants for Molecular BiologistsPAE Position Description: The Molecular Biologists shall perform, at a minimum, the following tasks and responsibilities in accordance with standard operating procedures:
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a DHS Suitability security clearance.
- Handling, receipt, and processing of daily operational, Quality Assurance, verification, and proficiency test samples potentially containing biological threat agents.
- Receiving samples may require extended walking to/from laboratory areas and upand/ordown several flights of stairs.
- Samples may require beingtransferred from one area/cart/cooler toanother,requiring staff to lift 50-60 lbs.
- Processing samples requires more than one (1) hour, but typically not to exceed four (4) hours, of repetitive motion (e.g., twisting/cutting/pipetting/gripping) on a regular, if not daily, basis.
- Performing non-research biological science work, utilizing microbiological and molecular techniques, which currently includes DNA extraction and real-time polymerase chain reaction (real-time PCR) to identify and characterize pathogenic bacterial and viral agents (analytical methods and technologies may change over the life of the contract).
- Laboratory workflow may occur in different laboratory areas(e.g., clean, high and low titer, under different conditions, such as BSL-2/BSL-3), utilizing a variety of biological safety cabinets (BSCs),and/orhoods (e.g.,laminar or dead air).
- Laboratory work may require several PPE changes including, but not limited to, respiratory and full-body protection (e.g.,Tyvek suit) and gloves,for extended periods of time, not to exceed four (4) hours.
- Preparing reagents and samples -same as above.
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Decontamination of workspaces, including Biological safety cabinets, hoods/air boxes, equipment, and other items associated with processing and analysis activities.
- Necessitatesdecontamination of several rooms, requiring extensive use of bleach and alcohol. For safety, proper PPE is required.
- Maintaining Chain-of-Custody (CoC).
- Interpretation of results - must be capable of independent analysis.
- Data entry utilizing computerized or computer-linked systems.
- Performing routine equipment calibration, cleaning, assembly, and maintenancein multiple lab areas.
- Collecting, processing, and analyzing internal laboratory swipes/swabs for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) and contamination monitoringlocated across multiple lab areas.
- Proper disposal of bio-hazardous waste.
- May require lifting, stooping, reaching,carrying, and/orstoring biohazard waste of different sizesand/orweights up to40 lbs.
- May require collecting multiple bags from BSL-2/BSL-3areas and loading and unloading the autoclave machine when completed.For safety, proper PPE is required.
- Restocking and maintaining proper inventory (e.g., par levels, rotation of stock, expiration dates, etc.) of necessary supplies.May require lifting, stooping, reaching,carrying, and/orstoring consumables,supplies, and/orequipment of various sizes, shapes,and/orweights up to 70 lbs.
- Supporting Program logistics in conducting and documenting annual inventory (e.g., serial numbers, disposition, POs, packing slips, etc.) of DHS-procured durable equipment and property.
- May requirelifting, stooping, reaching,carrying, and/ortransporting equipmentand/orinstruments to/from different laboratory areasand/orpackaging instruments for service.
- QA/QC and acceptance testing of reagents in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the Laboratory Operations Quality Assurance Program Plan (QAPP).
- Adhering to QA/QC requirements in accordance with the Public Health Laboratory quality management systems and the Laboratory QAPP.
- Maintaining documentation of records demonstrating compliance with applicable training/retraining, competencies, and document reviews.
- Analyzing routine external QA samples in accordance with the Program SOPs and QA program guidance.
- Proper archiving, storage, and shipping of samples.
- May require lifting, stooping,carrying, and/orstoring of sample archives of varying sizes and weights up to 40 lbs.
- Demonstrating ability to follow and adhere to written procedures and accepted practices in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, safety, security and dress code policies, procedures, and guidelines, including DHS Safeguarding Sensitive but Unclassified (For Official Use Only) Information (January 2005) when visiting or working at Government facilities.
- Preparing written and oral technical reports, answering questions, and making recommendations to the Lead Biological Scientist for inclusion in comprehensive reports.
- Accurately performing work with confidence.
- Demonstrating competency in various testing methodologies (e.g., multi-center studies), evaluating potential products and processes against unique environmental backgrounds, and meeting established deadlines.
- Scheduled workdays include weekends and holidays.
- Must be present for all hours of the workday, and be available 24/7/365 in case of emergency.
YourMembership. Keywords: Molecular Biologist, Location: Richmond, CA - 94801