Do you have a 2- or 4-year Science or Biology Degree? Are you looking for an entry level opportunity to learn and grow in that offers training? If so, Imagine Staffing Technology has an immediate Lab Test Technician opening on behalf of our client, an international certification company specialized in testing, inspection, and certification services .
The individual will be trained and responsible for assisting with the accurate testing of consumer products in the Health, Beauty, Household and Chemical & Food Lab .Responsibilities:
- Accessing the latest revisions of standards, protocols, and test methods, with direction.
- Evaluate products submitted for testing for quality/safety issues, with direction from senior staff in a limited scope.
- Prepares a variety of samples for testing using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards/specifications, in a limited scope.
- Conducts testing or analyzes a variety of consumer products for basic bench analysis and limited analytical instrumentation using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards/specifications appropriate to the sample, in a limited scope.
- Use and verify (if applicable) test equipment and instruments, and maintain record keeping system for calibration/quality system integrity with direction.
- Maintain test equipment, supplies, lab cleanliness (and limited analytical instrumentation).
- Accurately record test data per company Quality guidelines.
- Assist with department testing in other areas, with direction, as required.
- Organizes and manages workload to meet or exceed laboratory turnaround time and client expectations.
- Assist in the technical and administrative aspects of various departmental projects as directed.
- Accurately compile data, prepare and review written technical reports in a limited scope
- Interface with senior staff for direction on interpretations pertaining to compliance and standards.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues in a limited scope with direction from senior staff.
- Adhere to the requirements of the company's Consumer Products Services Quality System.
- Provide feedback to department manager regarding departmental systems, processes and recommendations for improvements and meeting department/quality objectives.
- Follow the guidelines set forth in the company's Consumer Products Services, Inc Safety/Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Other duties as defined by Manager, department needs and workload.
Job Specs & Details:
- 2- or 4-year Science Degree required
- 6 Months plus of experience preferred
- Problem solving and process improvement ability
- Possess and demonstrate written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize individual workload to meet or exceed deadlines
- Individual and team work ethic
- Basic computer skills: Windows, Word & Excel.
- Attention to detail
- Technical aptitude
- Contract to Hire
- $1 7 /hour with weekly pay
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Casual dress code
- Free parking
- Facility located in Amherst, NY (on a bus route , near Niagara Falls Blvd. )