Legacy (YC S19) is a Series A startup focused on the fast-growing field of fertility and family planning. Founded at Harvard, the company has averaged 20% MOM growth and has raised over $15M from leading investors like FirstMark Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, Section 32, and others. We've doubled revenue in the past 3 months alone. What do we do?
We are building a complete digital health hub for future fathers. We aim to change the outdated view that fertility is a "women's issue" by creating an accessible, affordable product for men. This includes everything from a mail-in kit for sperm testing & sperm freezing, personalized sperm improvement products, tele-health, DNA fragmentation analysis, supplements, and more. Job Overview:
A Laboratory Supervisor is sought by a leading company in the field of male fertility preservation to manage the day-to-day operations of its San Mateo lab. The ideal candidate will present the following criteria: A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in physical, biological, chemical or animal sciences Advanced wet lab experience Supervisorial lab experience (involving but not limited to the management of junior resources, material sourcing, problem escalation...) Entrepreneurial spirit and ideally experience (e.g., project launch and management, team member recruitment and management, problem solving mindset...) Andrology or a reproductive biology lab experience is preferred
The Lab Supervisor will report directly to the Laboratory Director. Job Responsibility:
The candidate will be expected to complete the following tasks:
- Performance of semen analysis, sperm cryopreservation and sperm DNA fragmentation protocols among other lab methods which will be introduced in the future
- Help with validating the above protocols under the direction of the Laboratory Director
- Coordinate daily accession of samples
- Responsible for the training of lab technicians (with support from Laboratory Director)
- Responsible for implementation of quality control/quality assurance plans of the laboratory according to CLIA/COLA/CAP accreditation program
- Manage the materials inventory
- Coordinate transfer of specimens from and to the laboratory (short-term storage to long-term storage send-off to IVF clinics)
- Manage laboratory operations, guarantee the consistent and fail-proof processing of client samples
- Manage a team of lab technicians to complete lab processing work
- Responsible for handling the growth of lab operations.
Why should you join us?
- 4 to 5 years of lab management (ideally in the field of male fertility)
- Proven track record of wet lab experience and management with supporting references
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to rapidly detect lab operations roadblocks and propose solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent capacity to collaborate and coordinate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated track record of successes in getting things on time
- There are lots of reasons to join any high-growth startup. "Get on a rocket ship" blah blah blah. If you're the kind of candidate we're looking for, then you already know this . Here are a few other reasons you might not already know:
- We're a team of under 35 people, despite being at the Series A stage. You will be one of the first 35 employees and will profoundly impact where the company goes in the coming years.
- Everyone thinks about becoming a parent. You will help couples on their journey to creating a family. You will help push society towards a fairer, more equitable place. You will be a trusted resource for men and women at the most intimate moment in their lives, including heterosexual couples, LGBTQ+ couples, and individuals who are thinking about how and when they'll want to have a family in the future.
- We will invest in you like you wouldn't believe. Every single hire gets an executive coach. You'll get training for anything you need. We'll give you an unlimited 'Health & Wellness' stipend where we pay for 75% of anything you deem might improve your life (Mattresses, Pelotons, etc.) You'll have a 'buddy'. We'll set you up with a charity and match your contributions. And we will talk about your careers goals, aspirations, and feelings every single week.
- Oh - and of course you'll get the same health care, 401K, unlimited time off, and other perks that any serious company offers its team members today
- Ultimately, we are here to win, and we believe that the best way to win is to help everyone bring their absolute best self to work. So our job is to help you be the best personal and professional version of yourself that you want to be.
YourMembership. Keywords: Medical Laboratory Supervisor, Location: San Mateo, CA - 94404