About the Role
This Director position is within FTI Consulting's Technology practice. FTI Technology utilizes modern review platforms for native document review and case management. A Director is responsible for managing multiple aspects of specific client matters. Our practice primarily provides professional consulting services to corporations and law firms for coordinating document review and production using Ringtail or Relativity.This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
What You'll Do
- Learns well on the fly - while we do have training materials and sessions, the majority of learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Is technically minded - all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members - we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently.
- Is eager and excited to learn - a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard - while we do innovate, everyone has regular assigned tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which high quality client service depends.
- Enjoys solving the impossible - we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Has the ability to travel when requested. Average travel is less than 20%.
Qualifications & Experience
- Responsible for day to day activities of projects including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines and create novel, customized solutions to meet shifting client needs
- Utilize logical reasoning skills to provide complete client service
- Work to ensure a quality product and delivery of all work within established timeframes
- Introduce additional FTI services to clients as needs dictate
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Maintain professional image within the firm and project same to those outside the firm
- BS or BA college degree required
- 5 years Relativity or eDiscovery related experience
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
- COVID Vaccine required
- 5 years of legal / electronic discovery / document review or consulting experience
- Proficiency of Relativity databases
- Knowledge of Ringtail databases or similar document review management applications such as Concordance, Introspect, Summation
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Access is a plus
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Proven ability to conduct training in a professional environment
Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting email@example.com.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
About FTI Consulting
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.