Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opportunity for a Contract Manager
at our Houston, TX office.
Air Products is a world-leading Industrial Gases company having both process gas applications and gasification technology that has been in operation for over 75 years. We have multiple product lines, over 750 production facilities in over 50 countries, and serve over 30 different industries, crafting broad opportunities for growth and development. And, we are growing!
We pride ourselves on being an innovative technology company that cultivates an environment of collaboration and inclusion. We need and seek out people who are dedicated and driven to create the future. People with passion and dedication to get it right and a never-ending desire to innovate, learn, improve and supply. Sound like you?
This position is accountable for construction subcontractor sourcing activities globally for third party services supporting primarily new plant engineering and construction services activities. This position also handles third party engineering contracts, construction subcontracts and the Technip Global Alliance Contract.
Candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other technical area, 15 years of work experience including 10 years in construction related function. Candidate will have a demonstrated record of team leadership, leading sophisticated projects and of achieving results.
Nature and Scope
The incumbent is accountable for developing, negotiating, implementing and maintaining competitively helpful construction contracts, ensuring the execution strategy is best aligned to marketplace dynamics. The incumbent will be required to have intimate knowledge of construction supply markets globally. This position supports supplier/contractor relationship management to ensure alignment with Product Line strategies. This position challenges technical specifications, commercial practices, construction practices and business processes with a focus on driving cost-effective operations. Strong sourcing, contractual writing and negotiating skills are required. Procurement, construction management or project management experience is required to be proficient in setting the best strategies and securing the right contractors to bid Air Product projects on a global basis.
The position leads a team of globally located construction subcontractor specialists and is responsible for resource planning, and talent development. The incumbent will work seamlessly with the regional procurement centers and with Projects and Engineering to ensure execution success.
- Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
- Exemplify the Air Products leadership competencies daily: Lead & Inspire; Manage Execution; Strategic Attitude
- Execute source process by developing, negotiating, implementing, and sustaining supply contracts in the construction arena consistent with business requirements.
- Execute the sourcing work process in accordance with the Air Products approved work processes
- Supervise, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers on a global basis to improve demonstrate and minimize risk.
- Lead multi-functional teams involved in supplier discovery and optimizing Air Products' construction spend
- Work closely with supported businesses and functional organizations to ensure stability and cost efficiency of supply.
- Bring innovative supplier solutions to improve value proposition across the supply chain.
- Lead supplier performance and maintain interface within supplier's organization.
- Collaborates effectively with other members of their global sourcing team to ensure construction sourcing work practices are detailed, implemented and followed by the Regional Procurement Centers.
- Attract, retain and develop a staff of premier strategic sourcing professionals.
- Use the S&OP work process to lead resources to support new bid and project work.
- Set a leadership example by encouraging a team environment that values diversity and inclusion
- Mentoring develop and performance lead through regular coaching, feedback review.
- Team leadership
- Construction contracts expertise
- Excellence in supplier negotiation
- Strong external focus
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive collaborator
- Ability to achieve assigned results
- Strong influencing, coaching, communication and facilitative skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Change agent
- Strong work process knowledge of systems and solutions
- BS Engineering or other technical area plus 15+ years' experience, including people management.
- Master of Business Administration degree can be useful.
- 10 years' experience as a construction professional
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.Req No.
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & EquipmentBusiness Sector / Division
Equip Sales Plant Support & Global Capital ProcurementRegion