We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
The Surface Chemistry Houston plant is Nouryon's leading Alkoxylation facility in North America. It is a key part of the Amines value chain for the company. The business lines for the Houston Plant includes Agro, Oilfield and Asphalt. Over 50% of the production at the plant is for the Agro market.
The primary responsibility of this position is to direct the process engineering group to improve process yields and reduce downtime of units; ensures quality control and improvement for finished products and in process testing. Key member of the site leadership team.
- Manage the process engineering group. Provide technical/process support for the manufacturing processes to improve yields and minimize downtime using sound engineering principles.
- Monitor physical plant performance and provide the action necessary to maintain and improve operational capability.
- Manage the laboratory. Provide support for the onsite quality process and provide the action necessary to maintain and improve laboratory capability and product quality.
- Maintain regulatory compliance for all plant engineering activities.
- Develop departmental budget and control costs to meet budget. Responsible for monitoring and controlling of direct and indirect costs.
- Responsible for leadership and successful implementation of HSE&S programs, including compliance with environmental permits, and HSE&S improvement projects.
- Principle contact for process engineering related building block in OSHA 14 elements of process safety and Nouryon 21 building blocks
- Responsible for training and development of engineers and lab technicians.
Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Specific Responsibilities
- Understand and help implement the site's Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees.
- Be-aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Houston's Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
- Participate and adhere to all applicable government regulations regarding process safety and environmental compliance responsibilities for the site. Nouryon Houston is an OSHA PSM covered site.
- Understand and assist with upkeep of process safety information as required by role.
- Maintain a strong understanding of process safety and PSM management including the OSHA 14 elements of process safety and Nouryon 21 building blocks.
Quality Specific Responsibilities
- Management Representative for ISO 9001 quality systems. Drive implementation of the site's Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
- Be familiar with site-wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
- Be sure employees under supervision are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
Job Requirement / Candidate profile
- B.S degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum prior experience for satisfactory performance - 6 to 8 years
- Knowledge of chemical plant production, operation, design & installation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Knowledge of codes and standards related to chemical plants
- Good computer skills
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to wear steel toed boots, safety glasses, FRCs and hard hat when going into the plant
- Good management and leadership skills
Closing dateOpen until further noticeVacancy numberN0004523Organization
ContinentNorth AmericaCountryUnited StatesState/Region/ProvinceTexasSiteHoustonBusinessIntegrated Supply ChainJob characteristics
Job familyOtherHierarchy levelManagementFull time/part timeFulltimeContract typePermanent