Downtown Cleveland Alliance is seeking a Senior Director of Business and Real Estate Development to advance the work of DCA's Business Development team. The team functions as a one-stop resource for people or entities interested in investing in Downtown Cleveland, especially through business relocation or retention and real estate development. The person in this position will work closely with brokers, investors,?business?leaders, and public officials, creating an exciting opportunity to work closely with the new city administration and a variety of stakeholders to advance Downtown Cleveland's resurgence.
The Senior Director of Business and Real Estate Developmentis responsible for overseeing the work of the Director of Retail Development and the Urban Market Research Fellow. This structure allows for the Senior Director to guide DCA's research and business attraction work and identify opportunities to use compelling storytelling to influence the Downtown market.
The Senior Director of Business and Real Estate Development will report to the Chief of Staff. Responsibilities
- Implement strategies developed in consultation with the Chief of Staff and CEO to reduce office, storefront, and residential vacancy
- Help retailers, office tenants, and developers access state and local economic and community development programs; help navigate public processes
- Deliver pitch presentations to business leaders and real estate professionals
- Market real estate and economic development programs, including conservation easements and historic tax credits and state and local economic development programs
- Manage and market DCA's predevelopment fund program
- Facilitate meetings of DCA stakeholder advisory groups
- Serve as liaison to economic and community development department staff
- Oversee the work of the Director of Retail Development and the Urban Market Research Fellow
- Assist Chief of Staff in advocating for DCA public policy priorities
- Assist Chief of Staff with Business Development marketing and reporting
- Thoroughly learn, understand, and be able to communicate DCA's vision, mission, programs, and priorities
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude in the office to contribute to a supportive and collaborative culture
- Other duties?as assigned by CEO?and Chief of Staff
- Knowledge of and experience with state and local economic and community development programs and permitting processes
- Real estate development knowledge and experience
- Historic preservation knowledge and experience
- Leadership and management experience
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency in or willingness to learn Placer.ai and Esri ARC GIS Business Analyst
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfort with facilitating meetings and addressing stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 3-5 years of experience in economic development, real estate development, urban planning, public policy, or other related field
- Positive attitude, high emotional intelligence, strategic and growth mindset,?and?dedication to city building?
- The ability to succeed in a distinct and dynamic culture.???
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.???
- Flexibility to work varied hours for events and to meet deadlines.?
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance?
- Flexible spending account?
- Vacation, personal and?sick?leave?
? Please submit a cover letter and resume to?LINKEDIN.?
DCA's mission is to attract residents, jobs, and investment to the city's core through market influence, community impact, and creating irresistible experiences.
We envision Downtown Cleveland as the hub of an inclusive 24/7 global city and welcoming beacon of talent that weaves downtown districts and surrounding neighborhoods into a seamless urban fabric.
Downtown Cleveland Alliance is an?equal?opportunity?employer?and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position. DCA's commitment to inclusivity encompasses but is not limited to diversity in race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability.