Growing oncology focused biopharmaceutical company seeks an experienced Chief Medical Officer
This Jobot Job is hosted by Allison Patierno
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.A Bit About Us
Our client is a clinical-stage, public immuno-oncology company. The company is strongly motivated to advance their pipeline of products to provide hope for cancer patients with little options. Our client is developing novel cellular immunotherapies for cancer using modified cancer cell lines as immunogens to elicit anti-cancer immune responses. Their pipeline also includes large molecule immunotherapies, and a small molecule targeted therapy program. Expansion of the pipeline, including into non-oncology indications, is contemplated.
Why join us?
Benefits- healthcare, vision, dental
401k with employer matchJob Details
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will be a key member of the company's executive leadership team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. S/he will act as the company's key clinical/medical spokesperson with responsibility for providing leadership and strategic direction for all medical and clinical activities. The successful candidate will work in a vibrant startup incubator environment with rapidly changing priorities and is expected to supervise other clinical personnel, come up with creative clinical trial designs for cell-based and other immunotherapies, has experience with introducing novel therapeutics into the clinic, and is well-versed in managing clinical trials. Expertise in immunology, molecular biology and pharmacology is a plus. The candidate is expected to manage multiple studies including coordination with contract research organizations for outsourced aspects and will supervise other clinical personnel.
S/he will actively collaborate with our client's chief scientific officer to develop novel therapies and clinical programs. The CMO will also collaborate with research and other development functions for the expansion of product offerings; as well as other individuals and entities, such as Key Opinion Leaders, Scientific Advisory Board members, regulatory bodies (FDA and other), and strategic partners.
- Serve as the senior-most medical and clinical spokesperson for a wide range of constituents, both internal and external, such as the company's executive leadership, research and development; as well as the clinical and scientific community, regulatory agencies, pharma/ biotech clients and other key customers;
- Develop and implement the clinical development strategy for our client's products, as well as provide strategic insight and guidance with respect to the current and future clinical and medical needs for the company;
- In coordination with internal and external stakeholders, lead the drafting, design and execution of all clinical protocols;
- Identify and manage appropriate contract research organization (CRO) resources and study sites for the execution of clinical studies;
- Develop new, and nurture existing relationships, with CROs, key external opinion leaders, clinical investigators, physicians, pharmaceutical companies, research laboratories, and regulatory agencies regarding advances, collaborative studies, and product related issues to foster development of the company's products;
- Prepare and implement clinical/scientific presentations for a wide range of internal and external parties, including customers, regulatory bodies, and audiences at key meetings and conferences;
- Attend key medical and scientific meetings and present clinical data to partners and investors, when needed;
- Lead the clinical strategy for the company's products, including meetings with the FDA;
- Maintain awareness of the current clinical literature, advances in technologies, standards of care, competitive developments, and trends in relevant areas of interest and advise the company accordingly;
- Review where opportunities are to diversify the portfolio;
- Keep the CEO, Board of Directors and operations team informed and current of all relevant issues;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires an MD degree; additional PhD is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in drug development in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or 6+ years of experience in academia
- Oncology and/or immunology experience a plus
- A proven track record of creating Phase I-IV clinical trial designs as well as the successful submission of INDs is highly desired
- Solid understanding of biomarkers and human genetics, with experience in designing and implementing precision medicine strategies in clinical trials
- Prior experience in presenting clinical findings in a wide range of venues.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.