ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
For over 40 years, the Chinese American Service League's (CASL) comprehensive programs have connected families and individuals in the Chicago Chinese community and beyond with the vital support they need: providing an educational and cultural foundation for our children, ensuring our seniors live full and independent lives with dignity, enhancing education and training for tomorrow's workforce, putting immigrants on the pathway to citizenship, and securing our community's housing and financial well-being.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are thrilled to expand our Senior Wellness Services, currently offered to the Chinese immigrant community, to new neighborhoods and more Chicago residents. The successful candidate will work with our team to identify the need, design the program, hire the team and promote and market our services for seniors.
The In-Home Service (INH) Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Wellness and Independence (SWI) Department Manager, and is responsible for daily operations of the program including planning, implementation and evaluations of In-Home services according to agency's policy and funding. The INH Coordinator also oversees, leads and coordinates with the In-Home staff to ensure high quality service is being delivered in compliance with state rules and regulations.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered for this position, you MUST apply on our website at the below link: https://www.caslservice.org/careers/
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee daily operation of In-Home Service.
• Develop, implement and evaluate marketing strategies for the Spanish speaking neighborhoods.
o Work with In-Home Service Team Supervisor and Lead Homemaker to identify the needs from the Spanish speaking neighborhoods.
o Develop, implement and evaluate marketing strategies to identify potential clients for the In-Home service.
o Perform outreach activities to promote in-home service and recruit potential clients.
o Work with In-Home Service Team Supervisor and Lead Homemaker to define and to meet the performance goals.
• Build the Spanish speaking in-home service team to ensure culturally and linguistically competent in-home service provision
o Recruit clients and Home Care Aides (HCAs)
o Provide direct In-Home Service to clients as needed.
o Provide hands-on training to HCAs so they can do the work per clients' plan of care.
o Recruit Team Supervisor or Lead Homemaker (LHM) to help with case management if appropriate.
• Plan, implement, and evaluate In-Home Service according to agency's policy and funding source requirements:
o Prepare regular report to update Management team on its program.
o Evaluate the program at least once a year, introduces changes if needed, and ensures that the program is culturally and linguistically competent to the clients.
o Lead the team to conduct internal program audit every year; implements corrective action plans in timely manner.
o Update the Operational Manual of In-Home Service at least every other year or as directed by Illinois Department on Aging (IDOA), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Manage Care Origination (MCO)'s rules and regulations.
o Keep abreast of trends and changes in policies and funding sources that affect operations.
o Prepare files and documentation for internal and external audits.
o Develop and monitor program budget and expenses.
o Work with Billing Specialist and program staff to correct billings rejects and review payment for the funding resources in a timely manner.
• Maintain and improve service quality:
o Coordinate with program staff for the monthly In-Service/Pre-service training schedule and recruitment of Homecare Aides.
o Coordinate with the program staff to provide social work services to clients.
o Work with staff to handles clients' and staff's complaints.
o Work with program staff to resolve Homecare Aide's issues with clients or among themselves.
o Network with Case Coordination Units (CCUs), Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), and other In-Home Service providers for information exchange and program development.
o Monitor the Salesforce platform for the program use and Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) System.
• Supervise and lead In-Home Service staff
o Provide supervisions to supervisees' bi-weekly.
o Conduct annual staff performance evaluation and review all Homecare Aides' annual evaluation which are done by the Lead Homemakers
o Review and works with staff on their goals and objectives yearly and keeps them on track
o Conduct team meetings with staff at least once a month.
• Report to the manager of the SWI Department for any client's incidents and provide documentation for IDOA's records.
• Attend job related training sessions provided by CASL, IDOA, or any other entities.
• Develop outreach strategies and promotes In-Home Service via mass media and community events in new target and emerging areas.
• Respond to agency needs by performing assigned tasks, which do not fall within the above description. If such tasks are not of a temporary nature, they shall be added to this list of designated job responsibilities.
• Assist in working with CASL's Salesforce Administrator to generate program reports and dashboards on program's key indicators of program outcome, program efficiency as well as effectiveness.
• Enter all client efforts and case notes into CASL's Salesforce database system, if needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related health or human services field, with at least three years of supervisory experience
• Must complete certification of IDoA sponsored CCP Training within 90 days of employment
• Spoken and written knowledge of both English and Spanish.
• Knowledge of understanding senior's physical and psycho-social-emotional changes.
• Demonstrate skills in supervisory activities.
• Being able to use various computer software programs.
• Must be a self-directed and self-motivated individual with exceptional verbal and written skills and a positive ‘can do' attitude.
• Must be organized and detail oriented with strong project management skills.
• Ability to adapt and work in a progressive, dynamic, and changing environment is required.
• Client-focused and customer service driven.
• Basic end-user level understanding and experience with Salesforce is a plus.
• Required to frequently sit, stand, and walk for extended periods.
Environment and Scheduling:
• Work is performed during standard business hours, Monday through Friday.
• Need to be on call to take care of emergency during in home service hours.
• Work is performed in administrative office settings.
• Must be flexible and available to work additional hours when necessary.
CASL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ethnic or national origin, or any other status protected by State and Federal Law.