Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc
team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins® !
Since 2002, Codexis' scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM
protein engineering platform.
But we can't do it without YOU!
To help us reach our goals we are looking to hire Research Assistant (with focus on high-throughput, Automated Experiments)
to join our Automation Engineering group within the Automation & Analytical Sciences department.If any of the below describes you we would love to meet you!
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Excited about developing high-throughput biochemical and cell-based assays using extensive laboratory automation to screen thousands of protein variants.
- Have the command of molecular/cellular biology concepts and able to quickly adapt to modern, highly automated laboratory workflows.
- Have a strong attention to detail, safety, and good laboratory practices.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- Fulfilling requests for high throughput protein expression using lab automation including fully integrated robots, liquid handlers, etc. as a key member of a team.
- Partnering with scientists and project leads to troubleshoot issues and develop new workflows.
- Identifying and contributing to optimization projects to improve high-throughput data quality, throughput, and robustness.
- Tracking and updating various data in an automated LIMS system.
What can Codexis offer you?
- BS or equivalent in Life Science with a minimum 1 ~ 3 years of relevant industrial experience in a R&D laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of molecular/cellular/biology concepts and lab techniques.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and/or protein expression.
- Desire to work with laboratory automation. (Experience working with liquid handlers such as Biomek or Bravo liquid handler is a plus.)
- Be able to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment.
- Pay attention to detail, use knowledge of laboratory procedures to advance projects under tight timelines
- Well organized and capable of clear communication through PowerPoint and writing reports.
- Capable of high performance as an individual contributor, as well as a contributor in a team setting.
(besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%)
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR