Janssen Research & Development (JRD), L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Computational Biology. This position has a primary location of Spring House, PA. Consideration will be given to Raritan, NJ and Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease! Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease is what inspires us. We bring together the best minds to pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.Key Responsibilities
Janssen Research & Development (JRD) is searching for a Principal Scientist, Computational Biology to join the In Silico Discovery & External Innovation team within the Therapeutics Discovery organization. This position is a great opportunity to lead the in silico molecular design and optimization efforts for a variety of programs across all therapeutic modalities! Using pioneering computational approaches, models and platforms, this individual will work closely with colleagues across JRD to design, develop and deliver on differentiated, best in class therapeutic molecules for a variety of clinical indications spanning all therapeutic areas. Qualified candidates will have a strong background in computational drug design and demonstrated track record of translating innovative and differentiated therapeutics into the clinical setting for patients with unmet medical needs. Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the in silico molecular design and optimization efforts for portfolio programs across therapeutic modalities
- Apply protein sequence, structure and associated models to evaluate the druggability of targets and inform the therapeutic strategy, target product profile and molecular design of therapeutic molecules
- Lead ab initio drug design and iterative, multi-objective optimization of therapeutic molecules across all modalities. Apply computational tools to inform the rational design and evolution of therapeutic molecules
- Evaluate, design and develop computational models and platforms for molecular attribute prediction and therapeutic drug design and optimization though mitigation of molecular liabilities
- Collaborate with team members across Therapeutics Discovery and JRD on the planning, prioritization, capacity projection, and timely delivery of mutant libraries to support multiple concurrent programs.
- Serve as a key advisor and domain expert on computational methods, algorithms and platforms for therapeutic drug design and optimization. Contribute and participate in internal and external presentations, peer-reviewed manuscripts and conference proceedings.
- PhD, with a background in computer science, data science, protein engineering, computational chemistry, bioinformatics or a related quantitative field required.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in structural biology, biophysics or systems biology with experience in computational drug design and development.
- Advanced working knowledge of molecular modeling and engineering with experience in the design, development, evaluation computational tools, algorithms and platforms using internal and external datasets and benchmark algorithms.
- Strong understanding of machine learning and deep learning alrogithems including online reinforcement learning, computer vision and natural language models.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning implementations using PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow etc. required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proactive and creative spirit and an ability to work on large matrixed teams with scientists from a diverse set of backgrounds.
- Experience with HPC infrastructure including both on premises and cloud computing architectures
- Experience using Schrodinger, FoldX, Rosetta, Discovery Studio, MOE, GROMACS, NAMD or other molecular dynamics simulation software
- Travel up to 10% may be required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean RoadsOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)Job Function