CTI Foods Overview:We are a customer focused custom manufacturer of quality food products to exacting standards that delight our customer and their consumers.
The people of CTI Foods are our #1 ingredient that drive us to be the best custom food and culinary solutions team that has seven state-of-the-art food processing facilities and over 1,800 employees from California, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
We are a company that "Thinks Big and Acts Small." Employees are treated like family. In order to succeed, it takes every person working together, being nimble, and executing at the highest levels. It is our responsibility to provide you every opportunity and resource to achieve that success.
Make an impact from day ONE at CTI Foods!Job Overview:Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all employees and insuring CTI locations comply with all OSHA regulations. Through analysis and investigations, define problem/opportunity areas; develop and implement training programs and policies to address the problem areas and meet OSHA requirements. In addition, this position will direct the new employee training programs.Responsibilities:
- Conduct/direct safety training of all supervisors and employees to insure a thorough knowledge and understanding of safety rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Supervise/direct the employee trainers.
- Maintain/verify employee training records are up to date and accurate.
- Develop/ source safety programs and training materials as needed.
- Insure operations comply with all OSHA, state and federal regulations. This includes implementing new programs within OSHA time frames.
- Direct employee trainer activities to meet plant needs.
- Implement all OSHA standards and regulations in a timely manner, and maintain all necessary records for workers compensation, OSHA and any other records assigned.
- Report workers' compensation claims to carrier and manage.
- Accident investigations and review as well as provide analysis and recommendations to eliminate future accidents.
- Oversee company back-to-work programs for employees injured on the job.
- Assist engineering with EPA and environmental reporting and program development.
- Develop, implement and manage plant safety audit and inspection programs. Manage corrective/preventive action registers as part of the program.
- Responsible for the follow up of safety related corrective actions to ensure they are executed and sustained.
- Provide global reporting and data analysis related to EHS metrics and corporate agenda.
- Provide expertise and support o other EHS personnel.
- Inspect and audit areas of manufacturing plant
- Maintain EHS files and records
- Establish and maintain accurate record keeping of inspections, procedures, and JSA's
- Work closely with production personnel and assist with environmental, health and safety issues
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly testing and inspections for various EHS task
- Assist with environmental sampling and recordkeeping
- Conduct specific EHS training for employees as needed (New hire training, OSHA training, EPA training, etc.)
- Perform routine and non-routine data evaluation for environmental, safety and health metrics and reports.
- Accident investigations, root cause analysis, and system data entry
- Review, update, and implement EHS programs
- This position will need to have a flexible schedule
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess leadership, presentation and training skills, organization and planning abilities
- Provide hands-on training and coaching of others
- Bachelor's degree in a safety or environmental related field from an accredited 4-year university (preferred)
- 5 or more years' experience with demonstrated knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations in a manufacturing environment (preferred) (OSHA, EPA,TCEQ)
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
CTI Foods provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.