is a subsidiary of New Story Schools,
which is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?Rivermont, a New Story School
in Chase City, VA is seeking a qualified Special Education Teacher
to join our team. Special Education Teachers play an integral role in the success of our students. The position provides academic instruction and mentors students in a team environment, under the supervision of the Principal, Asst Principal, and BCBA/BCaBA. Special Education Teachers are responsible for overseeing the classroom team, including the dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Candidates seeking Provisional Licensure must meet all requirements and be willing to complete the required VDOE coursework within 90 school days to become provisionally licensed.Provisional Licensure Requirements:
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Must complete the VDOE required coursework within 90 school days to become eligible for provisional licensure. The coursework is in the competencies of foundations for educating students with disabilities and an understanding and application of the legal aspects and regulatory requirements associated with identification, education, and evaluation of students with disabilities
- After receiving provisional licensure, a teacher has 3 years to satisfy all the requirements and coursework/testing to be eligible for a collegiate (bachelor level) or postgraduate (Master level or higher) license.
- Virginia Department of Education License, License Eligible, or Provisional License Eligible
- Three (3) years teaching experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A positive can-do attitude
- Valid Virginia Driver's License is preferred
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership, and direction to staff within the classroom.
- Use research-based classroom strategies that are grounded in higher-order thinking, problem-solving, and real-world connections for all students.
- Evaluate and assess student mastery of content to make instructional decisions.
- Communicate student achievements and progress to students, parents, and others.
- Assist in the collection of quality indicator data metrics.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
New Story Schools
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools
careers and benefits, please visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careersExperience
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders is preferred.
RequiredLicenses & Certifications
- VDOE Teacher License
- Teacher - Spec. Ed.