For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced Associate Scientist 1
for our Discovery
site located in Worcester, MA. This position is eligible for a $500 special sign on bonus.
This position will be involved in all aspects of studies supporting small molecule bioanalysis by LC-MS. In this hands-on role, the candidate will perform extraction of drug molecules from biological matrices, oversee analysis of samples by mass spectrometry, review/interpret bioanalytical results, and prepare/QC data summaries under the guidance of more senior staff members. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.Job Qualifications
The following are minimum requirements related to the Associate Scientist 1
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline.
- Experience: No minimum related laboratory experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities. Understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and the Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate. Written and verbal communication skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines under minimal direction. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations. Proficiency in the use of analytical instrumentation software.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.About Discovery
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.